How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

(Solved) - How to make combined bootable USB Drive

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Ptmaroct
  • Latest reply from Ptmaroct
  • Topic Viewed 559 times

Ptmaroct

Hello geeks,
I have a little question regarding making a bootable USB drive that can be used to install or test various images that require booting.

For example, For making a bootable USB drive to Install Window 7, I use Novicorp WintoFlash and for creating bootable Linux installation, I use LiLi

Now I want to break this barrier and make a single USB drive that can be used to install Window 7 and Linux from the same. Is there any tool that I can use to perform this task.

One more question: Help me find a application that can make a Bootable USB for Installing Windows XP and Linux Chrome OS, after that I will be able to make a ultimate Bootable Pen Drive to install many OS from single pen drive.

Thank you,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edit by mod; HTG does not allow self promotion

Posted 1 year ago

Ptmaroct

Ah, So no one up for helping me.

Well I googled the problem and found Wubi and it worked, only problem was that it does not supported all OS around and was bit slower.
Thanks

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Ptmaroct sorry no one replied.But WUBI is not the answer to the question you posed.

Posted 1 year ago

Ptmaroct

@Lighthouse
Oop,s sorry type error
the solution is YUMI
I got confused as both sound same but YUMI works
I have tried YUMI and it worked for making a multiboot USB
though it doesn't works on all present bootable ISO's but still the support list is good enough for me
I tried to add one Linux distro Mint, One AVG recovery CD and XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX CD and guess what , they all worked without any flaw.

Edit by mod; that disk contains illegal and malicious software and is not mentioned on this forum

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!