(10 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by XxChungxX
  • Latest reply from XxChungxX
  • Topic Viewed 1844 times

XxChungxX
XxChungxX

can someone!
tell me how to make animated pictures for
your How-To-Geek Profile Display Picture?

I don't get it?

Posted 2 years ago

edmenje
edmenje

The animated image format is gif. There are many places on the web to download already made animated gif avatars for use on forums like HTG, but if you want to create your own you need to use an image editor GIMP is the one I use. To get an animation you put each frame of the animation on a different layer and save as a gif GIMP and probably other image editing software will ask if you want to save a flattened image or save the gif as an animation. You then can accept the the defaults or change the speed of each frame transition and whether you want it to play only once, twice, etc. or loop forever. Recently I was involved with a community video production and I made a full-screen animated gif of a hospital ekg monitor for a hospital scene (the only convincing ones available on the web were paid-for video loops and the budget was pretty much zero as all the participants were volunteering, so I just made my own).

Posted 2 years ago

XxChungxX
XxChungxX

thanks dude, but.. can you like give me a link or something?

Posted 2 years ago

edmenje
edmenje

"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll never be hungry"

Posted 2 years ago

edmenje
edmenje

Ever heard of Google DUDE?

Posted 2 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

www.google.com

Posted 2 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

One more thing - your image needs to be 50x50 pixels max, otherwise it will be converted to a 50x50 pixel jpg.

Animation Shop is a nifty program to help you create gifs :)

Posted 2 years ago

loreendlc
loreendlc

thanks dude

Posted 1 year ago

XxChungxX
XxChungxX

yupp

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.