SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - How to install network adapter driver on windows 7?

(24 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Elf
  • Latest reply from Designing5
  • Topic Viewed 940 times

presence1960
presence1960

This whole secure boot thing is just another MS ploy at controlling what we want to do. I haven't heard of any documented cases yet, but I have read that there is already a rootkit that can circumvent the "security" of the new secure boot process.

Posted 1 year ago

Designing5
Designing5

I tried to install the W8 form TOSHIBA but it was not possible. I, for starters, could not find them all and the ones that I did find, did not work. I guess I'm back to W8 installation.

Posted 1 year ago

presence1960
presence1960

Sorry to hear that Designing5! I know you are frustrated. Hopefully it will work out fore you soon.

Posted 1 year ago

Designing5
Designing5

Hello everyone... especially you, "Presence"! I did what I didn't want to do but it's done now. I followed all the advice from you guys and I went ahead and installed W8 back. It's been installing updates and stuff. It's all back to "normal". There is one thing that is bothering me though: When I've tried to add a picture to my administrator user account. By the way, I AM the only user and the option to browse and camera are grayed out. Any idea on why this may be???

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.