The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

How to get Windows Mai back on Windows 7

(2 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by owsjr
  • Latest reply from germ-x
  • Topic Viewed 908 times

owsjr

This is a great post for information. I still have a few questions about upgrading from Vista to Windows 7.

I have an HP laptop that had Vista and came with an upgrade for Windows 7. When I did the upgrade I did not know I could take Windows Mail folder to Windows 7, and paste it in the folder Program Files and have Windows Mail on 7.
Since I have already done the upgrade and no longer have Windows Mail, only Windows Live Mail is there a way to still load Windows Mail?
I prefer it because it allows sub-folders in my email storage folders and Windows Live dose not.

One more question: I now have an icon on the desk top, DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS. It seems to have all everything that is in MY DOCUMENTS plus some old stuff.
Is it the same thing, and can I get rid of one of them?
Thanks for all your help.

Posted 4 years ago

germ-x
germ-x

If during the upgrade windows 7 wrote over Windows Mail then chances are you are out of luck. There should be 2 folders that Vista made during the upgrade. Check in those folders. You can also use the search function & type in a file name of one of the files on your desktop Documents & Settings. If it shows 2 locations then you can check and make sure all your info is in those 2 locations. If so then you can delete the desktop Docs & Settings.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!