SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

(Solved) - Internal names of toolbar buttons in Firefox?

(6 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by jmcguire
  • Latest reply from jmcguire
  • Topic Viewed 1163 times

jmcguire

I am trying to write a stylish script top have all my buttons, including those that came with extensions to have text on right, I have it working for some of the buttons, but a few aren't named what would be expected.

I am sorry if I haven't explained this well, if needed I will try to explain better, but does anyone know how to find the button's name?

Posted 6 years ago

jmcguire

I know this is somewhat of an off-the-wall question, if no one knows the answer, would anyone know where I could find the answer?

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

jmcguire

I skimmed those and couldn't find how to find the button name, but I will read them in depth later. Thanks Scott. If anyone else has any idea please let me know.

Posted 6 years ago

jmcguire

I don't want to come off as a nuisance, so if I am, I apologize. I am a computer programmer, so the fact that I feel the solution is right at the tip of my fingers is somewhat unnerving. I posted my edited form of the original code, and have organized it. The ones that do not work, do not show the text at all. I simply called them what the button caption says, but obviously, it is not the actual name of the button. If anyone has any idea, I wouldn't even mind re-writing parts of the code to be more generic. The only thing I have noticed is, the buttons with drop downs (like my print button because of print/print preview extension) have to have a little different coding.

Thank you in advance.

*I would also like to apologize for posting this in Windows Vista, I forgot to change the topic section before I posted.*

Posted 6 years ago

jmcguire

I was able to find the button(s) id's with DOM Inspector, Inspect Context, and Chrome List. Oddly the only button I can't figure out how to write the code for is the Stylish button.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.