SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Tutorials

How to export Facebook message attachments?

(4 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by DevonJ
  • Latest reply from DevonJ
  • Topic Viewed 11672 times

DevonJ

Is there any way to export *Facebook mail message attachments*?

For example, person X wrote me a message a half year ago and attached a photo. I want to download the photo now. It's still in the Inbox but it takes years to find it, especially if one has no "keywords" and there seems to be no possibility to filter only for attachments.

I tried to manually browse back. Facebook is smart to only fetch 100 or so messages. After 100 messages I have to go to the top of the inbox and wait again cause it's loading another 100.. and another .. and another. And after 20 minutes I get "error blabla.. try again later". Fantastic.

As you can see on

it would take a half day (if there would be no error message) to find a specific attachment.

PS: The Facebook export .zip does *not* contain attached images. The .zip archive only contains text messages, no attachments. Smart!

So, any way to export/download attached photos? Maybe a browser add-on?

Posted 2 years ago

scorpion99

did you try to archive it???

Posted 2 years ago

DevonJ

You mean clicking "Actions -> Archive"? If so, yes. But clicking "archive" only puts it temporary to the archived messages "folder". Never understood what this is for because as soon as the person (from the conversation) writes a new message, all the "archived" threads are moved back to the inbox... :'(

Posted 2 years ago

DevonJ

OK, I've given up. Tried it yesterday again: 2 hours and 55 minutes (not even 10%!) non stop clicking and waiting and then finally "error blabla try again later. we try to fix it as soon as possible". Also seems no one else wants an export feature...

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.