The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

How to dual boot Windows 7 Windows 8 And Then Install Mac OS On A Dell Vostro

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Shootracer
  • Latest reply from Shootracer
  • Topic Viewed 718 times

Shootracer

hi Can Anyone Please Help me with a problem i am having called (How to dual boot Windows 7 Windows 8 And Then Install Mac OS On A Dell Vostro Laptop)
i have sorted out the duel booting of Windows 7 and 8 that was the easy part Both on same main drive the problem being:
My TSSTcorp DVD+-RW SN-208BB Drive wont read the Mac Disks I Have OSX Lion 10.7.0 And OSX 10.6.7. Either to Boot From Or To install from windows.
But i Know i cant install Mac OS onto my main drive i have a 1TB WD Elements External USB Drive Formatted to Exfat which i was planning to use for this but now i dont know how to Set That to Boot Up Mac OS When its connected to the Laptop or how to set up macos onto it so it gives me the option to Multiboot all 3.CONFUSED Yet LOL i Am. Anyway please can anyone help me with this Problem Please. Will be very Grateful if anyone can.Oh i Just remembered too Its 64Bit Windows 7+8
Kind Regards Shootracer (Pete)

Posted 1 year ago

brisingr
brisingr

check to see if you model is compatible. for info on hackintoshs: http://www.howtogeek.com/72417.....he-basics/

Posted 1 year ago

Shootracer

Thank You brisingr will try that now.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!