Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

This works as advertised:
http://www.getriptunes.com/

Posted 1 year ago

hatryst
hatryst

Support the artists, buy songs. However, you can use a subscription based service for free, like Spotify or Rdio.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Be careful from where you download stuff. In some countries you can get into deep trouble.

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

If you use WinAmp you can add the plugin streamripper for WinAmp. Then you go to a site that supports streaming and you can then rip the songs.
Downside is that they are usually not the best quality and there's often a lot of advertising in between and you have to wait till the song you want comes along by chance.
On the bright side: if you like music that's not easily available in your region you can at least listen to it this way ;)

And if you find something you like - support the artist and pay for it.

Streamripper

Shoutcast

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

The only place I download music is from Amazon since I know it's safe (no viruses and no copyright violations). They do have many free tunes, some of which are actually pretty good. One does have to check frequently since the selection changes constantly. Many artists will bout some of their music up for free just to get some exposure in hopes people will buy their work once they have heard it. Although I mostly buy my music there, I do ocasionally find freebies I like. Most people will probably do better than me since I don't care for most of the modern music.

Be careful about ripping streamed music since, in most countries, you could be violating copyright laws.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

http://www.mininova.org/ will give you lots of free uncopyrighted stuff.

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

@ LF - I didn't know that. Over here it is seen as you pay for it by all the adds you have to suffer.
Or well, the adds pay the artists and actually a research into the matter showed some artist make more money by offering their songs for free than by forcing payments.
Not that I use it much anyway - I only listen to music online these days <LOL>.

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

@LH,
Isn't the site you linked to a torrent site used for pirating?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Nope, the site cleaned up its act years ago. No pirating going on there. But will double check.
http://www.mininova.org/copyright

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!