The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - how to delete all your archives in your pc

(13 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by spiderlucci
  • Latest reply from SarahJames
  • Topic Viewed 620 times

spiderlucci

hi, just want to understand a little about archives in your pc and how to delete all of them in your computer.

can someone post. thanks

Posted 2 years ago

Fhirkin9

Do you mean "Temporary Internet Files" and "A history of websites that were visited"? You want to cover your tracks?

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

If you are talking about temporary files and such, not backups of real data, then we recommend CCleaner

Posted 2 years ago

Fhirkin9

Of course, if you don't want to, or simply don't have admin privileges to install CCleaner, you can do things manually as well.

Posted 2 years ago

spiderlucci

yes... I know how to delete temp file and history ... is there more someone can find on your computer other than that? i just want to make sure no one finds anything personal on my pc... I have admin privileges too...

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

The only way to insure that no one will find something personal on your disk is to erase it completely using something like Derik's Boot and Nuke (DBAN).

Posted 2 years ago

spiderlucci

Xhi dose this also format m pc? sorry I have been busy.

Posted 1 year ago

spiderlucci

I also had to send my mother board back to asus :(

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

DBAN wipes your disk completely.

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x

If you don't want to wipe your hdd completely then in CCleaner there is an option that you can add any fille or folder you want.
If you use Dban you have to start from scratch.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

CCleaner also has the option to only wipe free space (tools-> Drive wiper) so deleted files can not be recovered or read.

Posted 1 year ago

larrysw

If I need to permanently delete some folders or files (not completely drive) this CCleaner's feature (tools-> Drive wiper) can be useful? Or do I need to use other software?

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames

larrysw, please start a new topic for your question.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.