The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

how to create resizable round Content Boxes in photoshop

(6 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by rimanere2
  • Latest reply from Appletom
  • Topic Viewed 1535 times

rimanere2

I am trying to figure it out how to create round corners in Photoshop, so I can use it on a web site that I am designing. I've tried to search on google for tutorials but many of them explain about the CSS coding process but I couldn't find a good tutorial to create the round corner images they used. Does anyone knows about a good tutorial or book that explains how to create the round corner images in Photoshop?
I will appreciate your help.

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

I have no idea about photoshop, but it is very easy to do with Word 2007. Here are some examples:

Actually, most any shape is possible. Round, star, bubbles, triangle, etc.

Posted 6 years ago

Antman
Antman

Posted 6 years ago

Appletom
Appletom

If your images are already sized and size is critical:

Open the image
Create guidelines - one each at the top, bottom, left and right
The rounded rectangle tool Anman mentions is under the text tool. Click and hold it to select the rounded rectangle.
Use the guidelines to draw a perfect rounded rectangle. Your photograph will be "hidden" by whatever color you have set as your foreground.
Open your layers palette and Ctrl-Click on the ICON of the shape. You will see the dancing ants.
Highlight the background layer.
Ctrl-J (make new layer from selection)
Delete the background layer and the shape layer. You now have your image as its own layer with the rounded corners.

It's pretty simple to write an action to do this for you, you could make it one-click simple to create rounded corners for any image.

Posted 6 years ago

rimanere2

Thank U whs and Appleton.

Posted 6 years ago

Appletom
Appletom

Also - If you shoot the image over to Image Ready, they have a Rounded Rectangular Marquee Tool that some find easier to use - it does require fewer steps.

The big trick is getting the radius of the corners correct. Not enough radius and the rounded corners are not noticed, to much radius and you end up with a big button.

There's probably ten or more other ways to create the rounded corners, depends on how exact (or loose) you need the corners to be.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.