SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

How to copy text from pdf to word/excel as a continous text....

(16 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by amrinderminhas
  • Latest reply from germ-x
  • Topic Viewed 2552 times

amrinderminhas

Hi all,
There is this small problem i am encountering from some time back and i would like to share and take help of u brilliant guys sitting here.
When i am copying text from pdf and paste to word or excel or powerpoint, it gets paste well with same content what i have copied but the copied text is also in same paragraph format. I mean, If the text in pdf is in next line then it will be pasted in word/excel/powerpoint in next line only (as when changing paragraph we press enter key to start new line) although there is still space left on above line....
pic 1 is pdf format i copied:

Posted 1 year ago

amrinderminhas

pic 2 is pasted content in powerpoint

pic 3 is actually the format i need content to be pasted..(no new paragraph)

Posted 1 year ago

amrinderminhas

I hope the problem is well understood, I would like to get the text copied as in pic 3 without actually going to end line of each line and then pressing delete command to pick up the next line every time. Its the small portion of ebook i have shown as an example.....
Thanx....

Posted 1 year ago

amrinderminhas

kindly give me the answer.l.......

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar
gedstar

I was able to paste text from a pdf to powerpoint without any problem, although I did have to re-size the container that the text sits in e.g. Width and Height, using Office 2010.

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

Try whs's post in this thread.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

hArLtRoN, I think he has a different problem.

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

When you paste the text there are several ways to paste it.
With and without format.
Try Paste > Keep text only.

You can even set that as the default way to paste :)

Hope this helps.

Posted 1 year ago

amrinderminhas

I have done that sir, but with same result as i have shown in previous figures.... The text is not being ditributed all over the line but comes in next line..(though there is space left to write text in previous line)...as shown in figure..

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

have you tried pasting the text into notepad?
if not, paste it into notepad to see if theres any difference > make sure word wrap is enabled before you paste > and if it pastes the way you want it to - right click > select all > copy > then paste it into the other program to see if it remains the same.
just a thought. maybe worth a shot.

Posted 1 year ago

amrinderminhas

No in text format, the same thing is happening..
first pic is of pdf.
second is of text file

Posted 1 year ago

amrinderminhas

this is what happens in word file...(also see the empty spaces on right side of sentence in which i have to everytime put cursor on each right side and then press delete command to pick up the next word or sentence...)

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

ctrl + j to justify. Or click justify.

You are set to Align to left at present.

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

A bit of a workaround, but maybe this helps.
I use Metapad instead of Notepad and it has a lot of options to remove white space from text (particularly the last three options):

Posted 1 year ago

Ruja

You can paste the text in Microsoft Word, then go to "Home > Editing > Replace" at the rightmost of the toolbar (or simply CTRL+H), then search for "^p" (without quotes) and replace with a space. Click on Replace All and you should be done. But you might lose paragraphs if you remove endlines automatically. If a double endline is used between paragraphs, you can replace "^p^p" with "[PARAGRAPH]" first, then "^p" with " ", then "[PARAGRAPH]" with "^p".

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

Give this a try just to see if you need to change a setting in your Word formatting
http://www.pdfonline.com/pdf-to-word-converter/

EDIT:
http://download.cnet.com/Free-.....49566.html

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!