The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

How to Convert OST to PST File ?

(22 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by roberjack
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 3839 times

roberjack

My exchange server is crashed and i need my important exchange ost file in outlook. can you help me ?

Posted 2 years ago

scorpion99
scorpion99

if you are using an email client like Outlook on each user computer , you can open outlook and archive the emails as PST. (you will have to do this for each one)
you can find a non free software converter through the net , but they don't guarantee the results because it depends on the OST file status.

Posted 2 years ago

roberjack

Thanks scorpion99 but can you please tell me non free software converter which help me.

Posted 2 years ago

johnparktech2012

Two method
1a). Follow given some instruction: IN Outlook 2007

Tools -> Account Settings -> Email account -> More settings -> Advanced tab -> select Use Cached Exchange Mode --> Click Offline Folder File Settings -> Browse to .OST file then restart Outlook. open your OST file
After restart outlook,
File -> Import and Export -> Export to a file -> .pst file

b). Create a new outlook .pst file and drag the folder to .pst file that you want to move

Edit by mod. Link deleted.

Posted 1 year ago

dennis24irwin

For converting ost to pst try xxxxxxxxxx

Tool moves .ost contacts, notes, journals to .pst format.

Edit by mod, link is suspicious, not freeware.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Link needs checking possible concerns : http://www.websitesafetycheck......oolbox.com

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Smart screen filter said it was okay. Software is expensive though. Old thread too.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

@ warlock,

Its probably ok but can't get WOT on my phone unfortunately they refuse to make an app for it :(

So have to go with the above site checker.

Edit : have to do it the long way but still looks dodgy to me : http://www.mywot.com/en/scorec.....oolbox.com

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@GS, I didn't take your report off. Had to be a mod.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Lol.

Didn't even realise it had been removed...small screen :D

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

I have a stupid phone so, can't do what you do. Still rely on the desktop.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@GS, did you read any of these? http://www.google.com/#hl=en&#.....38;bih=716

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Warlock,

That just brings me to a google home page.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Really, It is actually WOT. scam sites. Just tried it again after your post. Maybe won't work on your phone. Just tried it again.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Yea tried every way I can think of to make the link work but no joy :(

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

http://www.convertost.org/convert-ost-to-pst.html

No Scam here I don't think.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

web of trust scam. Try googling this yourself. Hope it works doesn't mean I agree with it. Bedtime here GS. I'll see your answer tomorrow.

Joe

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

Both members are one and the same. New member
Dennis' IP is different but is still on thin ice.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

@ Joe,

I agree with what these people are saying to a degree, however, without such 'options' you would open yourself up to all kinds of nasties.

Remember these are based on User Ratings and not comments as some have argued. For a site to be classed as bad across the net in WOT there has to be a xxxx? Number of bad user ratings the comments are merely optional and have little to do with the rating system.

I do agree that it is an extortionate amount of money to get your site 'unlocked', but the amount of sites out there that try deliberately to Spy, Hack, d/l Virus to a users computer is phenomenal and WOT is just one tool to protect a the average user.

Some of the people that complained that they're site was flagged never provided a link to their site to test and either way there are free and simple methods to counteract such ratings, sometimes you just wonder about certain users abilities to understand the real meaning behind protective 'implementations' (am referring entirely to complaints made against WOT on scam lists).

I could post a link to a site that when it started to get implemented would show a question mark as it was/is virtually unheard of, however I set the rating to RED ever since no matter what computer I'm on it will show as RED and not a question mark. (And rightfully so).

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@GS, I don't use WOT. I know others here do. I use smart screen filter and my AV will put up a warning if a site is deemed bad or questionable. So, far so good here. Anyway, just put that link up fyi. still don't know why it would not work for you though.

Joe

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!