How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

(Solved) - How to check ISP?

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Drizzle
  • Latest reply from Drizzle
  • Topic Viewed 358 times

Drizzle

Hi all
recently am having FF telling me a site is insecure, when trying to activate.for instance I am trying to see Peregrine nesting webcam at Derby.

http://derbyperegrines.blogspot.co.uk/ That accesses, fine but when I try to access the webcamlink that is fine until I select one ofthe Cams. It tells me unsafe.

As always any advice appreciated

Posted 1 year ago

oldgeezer

It is our wonderful local government, whichever overpaid tech set up the webcam didn't do it properly so it looks as if it is coming from a non-genuine server because they have set it up to go through a subdomain that has incorrect security settings. If you use a different browser, I tried it with Chrome, you still get a warning but you can click through it and you get to the genuine site which is still on the derby.gov.uk website. The only slight issue I'd have with it is that if they haven't got their security right then the site could theoretically be compromised and that could put visitors at risk.

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle

@oldgeezer Thanks.. Hmm they were having problems so I will offer them your info. But the Derby peregrine Cam is a community link and it is a volunteer not a paid employee.(Thought it was me being stoopid so appreciate your testing)

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike

Kate, site appears to be OK, just a SSL problem (underpaid IT staff perhaps), just allow the exception;

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle

Thanks Mike, see my bit above re employee CHOL!!!

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.