How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

How to bypass IE Security Certificate Error

(8 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by vtzete0
  • Latest reply from vistamike
  • Topic Viewed 157628 times

vtzete0
vtzete0

I have a trusted site that I visit, but I get the IE message bar right above the content saying "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors. Click here for options..." Is there an IE internet options - Security setting that would allow me to bypass this message in the future.

BTW: Is there a reason why I don't see IE, Firefox or Browsers related sections in the drop-down of "Pick a section"?

Posted 4 years ago

vtzete0
vtzete0

Any ideas?

Posted 4 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

vtzete0, security certificate errors can be caused by your BIOS clock and date being set incorrectly.

Posted 4 years ago

vtzete0
vtzete0

Hmm, I'm hoping that there is a IE security setting to bypass/ignore the site's certificate error. Maybe there isn't one.

Posted 4 years ago

GKI610
GKI610

Yes, there are a few changes that will allow you to go there. Are you sure it's a "Trusted Site"? Is that your definition, or is it somewhere you want to go, and you're afraid 'big brother' won't let you in. Those settings are for your operating system's safety, and defeating them is likely to get you a full blown "Nasty Attack", ie, worms, trojans, viruses; because sites like those don't have 'certificates' and that's why the browser is keeping you out.
Do you want to risk your machine?
Post back an answer, please.

Posted 4 years ago

tamas

The following worked for me:
Go to Internet Options > Advanced, and uncheck "Warn about certificate address mismatch". It is the 3rd option form the bottom of the list of options in the Advanced category.

Posted 4 years ago

NickLissick

My computer has the same error on my internet explorer 8. "to help protect your security internet explorer has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors. Click here for more options..." my options are "disply blocked content" "Whats the risk" and "information bar help. It happens when i try to login to my yahoo mail, and when i try to login to this site. What are some possible causes and solutions to this? i just want the bar to not be there anymore, and be able to log into my email like normal. also the background is blank when i log in, but when click "display blocked content" it refreshes and the background comes back.

Posted 3 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

NickLissick, hi and welcome. This topic is a year old, could you please start a new one.

Mike

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.