The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

How to avoid print heads from drying up

(4 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by n0bility
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 511 times

n0bility

Hey everyone, this is my first post here and I figured the crew that peruse this site would be the people with answers. I have an inkjet printer that I bought for my wife that I find I am continually having to clean the print heads as she doesn't seem to use it enough.

I was wondering if there is a utility or possibly some batch file script I can "borrow" to print something that would prevent the print heads from drying out.

I am currently using Windows 7 Home 64bit with 4GB of RAM and 500GB of HD space.

Thanks in advance.

Posted 3 years ago

Zagreus
Zagreus

Hello n0bility. I print a test page once a week, which uses all the colours. Works for me. You have to be careful, too many head cleans could damage the print heads.

Zagreus.

Posted 3 years ago

n0bility

I was hoping to automate the process so it could run Sunday while we are sleeping or first thing Monday morning type thing. I have tried to do the test print but I forget more than I remember.

Thanks Zagreus, I am hoping that I can find a solution so I don't have to do anymore head cleanings. I didn't know they could be damaged. Thanks for the info.

Posted 3 years ago

whs
whs

Are they actually drying up. I have 5 Canon printers and since I live in 2 locations, some printers always sit idle for 6 months. But my heads never dryed up - since years.

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.