How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

How does the world look by you

(104 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by whs
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 4930 times

techgranny
techgranny

whs, Jack and jd talked me down off the ledge:) Start with opening a photobucket account and the guys with talk you through it from there.

Posted 6 years ago

elpaelpa
elpaelpa

techgranny-I did not see a topic covering this,is there one- so as too avoid going over the same ground?

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

View from my living room.

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

elpaelpa, It wasn't an official topic. It came up in conversation on an OT link, Funny Stuff page 3. Follow the instructions like I did and you can't miss!

Posted 6 years ago

elpaelpa
elpaelpa

techgranny-thanks!I shall try it!

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

BTW. I tried to link that last photo of mine, from the Picasa Web Albums. But the link would not work. Any ideas, anyone?

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

Lighthouse, your picture is so quaint, but you didn't say where it was taken.

If we're asking questions, why does photobucket say the picture is one size but posts another size? I THINK WE NEED JD:)

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Oma. I have appended my pic post :)
As you can see, "work in progress". The raised terrace is not finished yet.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Here is a photo looking at the door that I took the scenic photo from

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i know that i have some good one's around here some where.

i think that they are on the external on my other pc so i will have to do some searching and transfering :)

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

techgranny, in Photobucket you size a picture as follows: after you uploaded the pic, click on it. Then it will show just that picture with options above it. "Resize" is one option. 640x480 is a good size for the Forum. After it did the resize, you pick up the IMG link from there.

Posted 6 years ago

elpaelpa
elpaelpa

{IMG}http:i335.ph
{IMG}http:i335.ph Well,that didn't work.Plan2.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

elpaelpa. Is that the link you meant to post?

Posted 6 years ago

elpaelpa
elpaelpa

Lighthouse-Yes,but I'm doing something wrong.They're winter pics but it's so darn hot and humid,I'm hoping this might cool me down!

Posted 6 years ago

elpaelpa
elpaelpa

techgranny-"follow the instructions like I did and you can't miss".You don't know elpaelpa!It's a talent,what can I say!

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

elpaelpa. You created a PhotoBucket account yes?
You uploaded your photo to that that account?

Posted 6 years ago

elpaelpa
elpaelpa

Yes sir, I did!I would try again, but I don't want the youngins thinking this old guy needs his air filter changed!

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

No probs. The youngins do what they're told!
And less of the "sir", if you please. :)

Posted 6 years ago

whs
whs

elpaelpa, What seem to be your problem with Photobucket? Once you uploaded, you click on IMG (last link)-if it gets yellow, you got it in your Clipboard. Then you paste into your post and the photo will appear AFTER you posted (in your post you will only see the link). One more thing you may want to do: After you uploaded, click on the loaded picture in your album. That will bring the pic up all by itself. Above the pic you have the "Resize" option. I prefer 640x480, that does not make it too big or too small. After resize, you click on IMG right there.

Posted 6 years ago

elpaelpa
elpaelpa

The long story is---I had oral surgery yesterday and have been up all night.So I'm duller than normal!I'm going to try again after some rest.I really appreciate your help,the wife and I would like to do a little ebay business when she retires (soon)and I need to learn more Photobucket, making files more secure,etc.than what I am.The other day I learned a little about you guys,(enjoyed it)so that's my story!Lighthouse,you never did get back!
Have a good day!

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!