The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

How does the world look by you

(104 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by whs
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 4930 times

whs

I thought it would be nice to see where all our friends and members from all around the world live. So maybe you can do like me, open your living room window, take a picture and share it with us. I think it will be interesting to see all the different environments from all around the world. So don't be shy and participate.
This is the view out of my living room this morning:

Posted 6 years ago

Appletom

You set the bar pretty darn high there whs. I mean, unless I lived on a beach it would be pretty hard to have a more beautiful backyard view. Can we come visit?

Posted 6 years ago

sparky7415

Very nice view Wolfgang,I cannot compete from my living room window,as I'm sure many don't as well. Not many have the luxury of niceties.

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Come on guys. I did not want that to be a fashion show or a competition. It just happens to look like this around here. I just thought it would be nice to see how other parts of the world look like - without any competitive ambitions. And Appletom, of course you can come visit. We have a hotel next door with the exact same view. You can make long walks in the forest because we are about the last house in town before the forest starts.

Posted 6 years ago

Appletom

OK, I just went outside - here's what we see outside our front door:

G
http://farm4.static.flickr.com.....a4c4_o.jpg
M

OK - what's the secret to embedding images again?

Posted 6 years ago

whs

That looks very similar to the developments in Florida. For embedding images you have to pick the IMG code.

Posted 6 years ago

sparky7415

I live in what's possibly one of the nicest areas in Colorado,USA. A picture from my living room would suck compared to Appletom's. My neighbors house is blocking any kind of view.I could cheat a little and go uphill a few hundred yards(meters).

Posted 6 years ago

Appletom

I've tried IMG and img and <> and [] and even `

I know I've done it before. Not Florida, far left Texas - we are about 150 yards from the New Mexico border.

Posted 6 years ago

whs

@sparky, the term "living room window" is not meant literally. I am sure a few 100 yards will give us a beautiful panorama. I have been very often to Boulder and remember this superb area very well, including a nice restaurant called "The hungry Farmer". But I dreaded the wind and the static electricity.
@Appletom, I usually use Photobucket and there it works well. Had my troubles with other upload sites too.

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

The image code is (img src="http://example.com/image.jpg" /) with () being <>. My guess would be you left out the slash at the end. It won't work without it.

Posted 6 years ago

Appletom

Whew!

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

(All fairly recent pics from the house)

West, towards the Adirondacks and Lake Champlain,

East, towards Mt. Mansfield and the heart of the Green Mountain range,

And an April sunset,

Posted 6 years ago

whs

jd always knows how things work. What would we do without him.

Posted 6 years ago

sparky7415

Now I'll have to find my digital camera somewhere and see if it still works.Nice shots so far,very nice.

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny

I can't seem to size the pictures of my backyard. I'm trying again.

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny

Any tips for sizing these things with photobucket? I can only get the picture below to fit on the forum.

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny

Carpenter's Creek-Designated Florida Wetlands

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

Is that a leg I see in that thar swamp? ;)

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny

Very funny Scott:) and it's not a swamp it is a creek, Carpenter's Creek, in my backyard. I have more descriptive pictures but I can't get them to size right.

P.S. If there is a leg, the gators done got it by now:D

Posted 6 years ago

elpaelpa

Could someone recommend a program and some step-by-instructions.I've no idea where to start!

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.