The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - How do you put "Show Desktop" on the task bar

(6 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by johnself
  • Latest reply from lvct
  • Topic Viewed 1554 times

johnself

In all the previous releases of Windows I can remember, there was an icon on the task bar called "Show Desktop", which immediately minimized everything and showed the desktop.

Since I usually have a lot of things open, it takes forever to minimize them all just so I can see the desktop.

Posted 5 years ago

Ricca

Click on the far right of the bottom toolbar!

Posted 5 years ago

whs

The file location of the icon is this: C:\Users\whs\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch - so it is in Quick Launch. Click on the 2 little chevrons on the left side of your taskbar and see whether it is hidden there. If yes, you can rename it "1" and it will be the first one to show next to the Vista orb. You must have 3 icons showing next to the Vista Orb now. The rightmost that is there now will then disappear behind the chevrons.

Posted 5 years ago

JHubbard92

Hey,

Ricca is correct, the show desktop feature is still there in Windows Seven, but it is located at the far right side of the taskbar... (Image below)

But if you want the "old school" quick launch button, like the one in Vista, follow this tutorial.

Hope that helped

Jordan

Posted 5 years ago

whs

Hmm, I guess I missed that he was asking for Win7 - I had assumed Vista. I always make the same mistake. Sorry!

Posted 5 years ago

lvct

WIN+D also shows the desktop.

Accepted Answer · Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.