SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

How do you know what Cas Latency your ram have?

(66 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by chris
  • Latest reply from chris
  • Topic Viewed 13682 times

raphoenix

chris,

Yes my friend, since you said it first, (in my personal opinion); Celeron CPUs are inferior - (Suck) - for numerous technical reasons. You interpreted my previous postings correctly.
Kindest Regards,
Rick P.♦:)

Posted 6 years ago

chris

dude.. celeron does suck.. no joke... it's because it's so old and stuff... anyway.. you should've said that you were talking about the Bus speed FOR the CPU. I got confused because i thought you were talking about the memory's bus speed. When i tried to look for the Bus speed for the CPU from the HP website.. it's not there right? it only tells you the bus speed for the MEMORY. hmm BUT i used the CPU-Z system to check it out and stuff and I found that it says the bus speed for the CPU is 99.9MHz.. which is basically 100. So I believed you. You see... i can't believe stuff unless i see it for my self.. you know?

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

Chris,

Dude, you made my day because you proved me correct plus you learned something while doing it !!!!
Works just like in school.
You do your homework FIRST, and then the next day ask a teacher questions about the homework problems which you might have had trouble with. :) :)
Kindest Regards,

Posted 6 years ago

chris

Wait... as I think about it... does the CPU's bus speed really matter? If you think about it... isn't it the Front Side Bus that matters? because CPU's bus takes other roads. I'm using "roads" because i read the article that you gave me. Isn't the Front Side Bus for the road for the Memories bus? I'm confused now... as i think about it... does the CPU bus speed matter? i'm confused...

Posted 6 years ago

raphoenix

Chris,

Your question concerning the type of memory which is recommended for your HP machine has been answered.
Please post a New Topic if you have questions concerning other issues.
Kindest Regards,

Posted 6 years ago

chris

alright

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.