The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

How do I uninstall windows 8 & reinstate my windows 7

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by queenoflight
  • Latest reply from williamknight57
  • Topic Viewed 5488 times

queenoflight

I really am not happy with windows 8. I uploaded the preview and I just dislike it alot. I just need some advice on how to remove it without screwing up my computer. plus, it won't allow me to reactivate my windows7 professional that is already on their.
Thank You.
Queenoflight :)

Posted 2 years ago

yahyazahedi

hi Queenoflight
i think you can backup your important file and then format hard disk and install new windows 7

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix

The Geek's How-to.

http://www.howtogeek.com/75878.....oot-setup/

It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you follow the directions to a "T".

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

Queenoflight hi. Are they on different partitions ?

Posted 2 years ago

Lubi7298

I think it is best o uninstall the latest version and install the version you are comfortable with. Just remember to back up your files. Your settings should have been backed up before you have upgraded it.

Posted 2 years ago

williamknight57

All the discussions seem to be about removing windows 8 from a duel boot system, I loaded 8 as the only operating system on laptop that was working just fine, decided I didn't want to keep windows 8 so I tried to reload my windows 7 from the factory disc, got to the first restart and blue screened, tried to load XP same thing, does 8 change something in the BIO's or what. Finally tried a backup I had of windows 7 and that loaded, but still blue screens if I try to load XP on a seperate partition.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.