The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - how do i restore a acer aspire 5715z

(9 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by ddrew
  • Latest reply from thebirdman
  • Topic Viewed 78732 times

ddrew

am trying to restore acer aspire 5715z back to its factory settings could somone tell me now to do it?

Posted 6 years ago

wallaceb

do you have any recovery disks, recovery software/partition, or windows (xp or vista) install disks?

Posted 6 years ago

ddrew

nope i didnt get any disks with the laptop an it was a ex display also i tho i backed it up on disk but the disks dont work am looking for a manual for
the laptop to find out how to restore the factory settings do u happen to no how to do this?

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW

Try the ALT-F10 key at startup to access the recovery partition.

EDIT: had the wrong key combo...Doh!

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

I think for Acer it's Alt+F10 at startup.

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW

Thanks for the assist, Mr. Don't Panic Lighthouse. I always seem to get this wrong. They ought to make that keystroke easier to find. Maybe they don't want people to go there accidentally.

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve

:P
Just to confirm it IS Alt-F10, for Acer eRecovery, follow the steps that come up.
Do you have two partitions on your drives? If you have two, and you have moved your data or anything else to the SECOND drive (eg, D:\) then you will not lose the stuff on there - as it only resets the system drive, which will be drive c
So, with a bit of luck you will have moved it!

Posted 6 years ago

pumpkinman

i just did an e-recovery it was damaged..nothing would work on it..And the keys to hit were -alt.f11 upon start up..it found the erecovery and i redid it to factory settings and it also replaced the erecovery.. im running a acer 5315.its all back to normal now. you should use CDburnerXP ITS FREE to create disc they have to be iso images to work and the CDburnerXP works excellent i made a set of disc and they work perfectly CDburnerXP is simple to use and works excellent and its free..steve

Posted 6 years ago

thebirdman

I couldn't get the Alt-f10 to work, so if you're having the same problem try this.Josh Hand's Technology Blog

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.