SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

How do I make AppData folder not hidden?

(3 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by REMINATOR
  • Latest reply from Scott
  • Topic Viewed 12613 times

REMINATOR

I want to back up certain files (e.g. Firefox bookmark) or folders. Unfortunately, I could not do the backup since the darn folder AppData folder is hidden which mean I cannot access to the rest of the subfolders.

I used the search command and it opened the AppData folder or directory. I was happy until I realized I cannot do the back up since it does not allow me to drag from one window to the next.

1 - So, to make it short. How do I make the AppData folder accessible from Window Explorer? I don't want it to be hidden or have to use the search command in order to access to that folder.

2 - Talk about hidden. I was playing around in the start menu and for some reasons I decide to do a hidden on one of icons. Now, I can't bring it back. I went to Folder Option, I put a check on show all file, and that icon isn't back. Why?

Posted 6 years ago

REMINATOR

Okay, now I was able to make the AppData folder not hidden anymore from window explorer.

1 - I tried the Folder Option Hidden, that didn't work.
2 - I went to Regedit-->Superhidden, changed the value from 0 to 1. Still didn't work.
3 - Finally, I go back to the old fashion search type in AppData. It opened the window explorer. I right click on that AppData folder and Uncheck the hidden attribute. And voila it works, no more hidden from that folder or the subfolders! Now, I can back up my files.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Thanks for posting the solution :)

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.