SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

how do I get the image size correct using image shack?

(9 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by agacult
  • Latest reply from JonMCC33
  • Topic Viewed 1104 times

agacult

I been trying to post some images using image shack for a topic I started(access denied to devmgmt.msc)to show the messages I'm getting but when I post the images they appear small, here take a look:

I correctly resize the image, host it, copy the code and paste it in the forum but it appears small. I even created an account with image shack and viewed the images with the correct sizes using image details and edit image but something goes wrong when I post. I've been trying to correct this problem all night but have been getting no where and I also made a terrible mess of the topic I started, sorry. I used FSCapture to capture the images.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Posted 5 years ago

Scott

Try this,

and make sure you untick 'Include Details' and you're using the correct line of code,

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW

You are using the URL for a thumbnail version of the image. When I pick an image to share with the "Share It" button (little i icon), it has two sections. At the top are the "Full Size" links and at the bottom are the "Thumbnail Size" links. You want links from the Full Size section.

If you click on the Image Details button (looks like an eye), there is a radio gadget to choose "Thumbnail mode", yes or no. Choose no and the links will change to point to the full size image.

Posted 5 years ago

agacult

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Scott & ScottW
Trying to edit those posts on a very sloooow internet connection just wasn't working for me.
One more question, how do I ask the geek to remove posts 2-4 in the topic I started(access denied to devmgmt.msc)?
Is it possible to remove them at all?

Posted 5 years ago

Scott

You're welcome from Club Scott.
Yes, it's possible but not necessary.

Posted 5 years ago

ScottW

Scott, that Axel is a cute puppy. Do you still have him? He looks like a Husky.

My avatar is Suzy at about 3 months. She is now full grown and 60 pounds. Part Ridgeback, part APBT, and who-knows what else. Rescue dogs don't come with a pedigree. >:-)

Posted 5 years ago

Scott

Axel was my Siberian puppy, yes. Sadly, due to his instinctual behavior, he was miserable indoors and preferred to be with his family outdoors on Camel's Hump Mountain. But we had a great six months together and I still visit.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott

The next one will be a rescue dog, or a Bernese, which ever comes first, though Amanda would like a Landseer Newfie :)

I definitely see the Ridgeback :) Mellow, eh?

Posted 5 years ago

JonMCC33

Siberian Husky's are such beautiful dogs. They are my second favorite behind the German Shepherd. ^_^

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.