SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - how do i get my works 8.5 back?

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by tumtumm
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 742 times

tumtumm

i had a virus that infected one of the files for microsoft works 8.5 word processor. after getting rid of the virus works 8.5 word processor did not work properlly so i uninstalled it (had to uninstall and reinstalled the whole suite) using the backup disc that came with my machine which is works suite version 8.0 (or 2005 as microsoft website states). i had the free upgrade to 8.5 from microsoft but i dont rember getting a keycode or disc from them. but now i can not reupgrade my works to 8.5 i can not find the download anywhere on microsofts website. is there a way to get it back?

i know works is an old system but its the one i like since i only use it to type out lists/memos/letters/basic school reports etc.
my comps operating system is
windows vista (fully upgraded).
using IE9

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

How long ago, can you use a restore point?

Posted 1 year ago

tumtumm

acutally i had the virus about 6-7 months ago and had to reinstall whole system (made a copy right after i bought it i believe the it guy called it a ghost hard drive or something like that) so no restore points to use and i installed it didnt work so i uninstalled it at the time and forgot to reinstall it untill last night when i went to write a letter. the 8.0 works but i can not do the security upgrades as they are all for 8.5.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

I don't think you are getting it back but, it's not expensive. http://www.purplus.net/miwo85.html Hunt around out of stock here.

Posted 1 year ago

tumtumm

thanks warlock i didnt think id be getting it free again but at least that link got me to where i can find it again.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

http://www.softwaremedia.com/m.....ks-85.html $25.00 here and in stock. And you will have the disk.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

tumtumm

thanks again warlock very helpful =)

(cheers!!salutes!!)
double thumbs up

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Welcome

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!