The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

How do I get a computer out of safemode? Windows XP activation blocked

(14 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by carmengstu
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 1363 times

carmengstu

I could not load Norton Constant Guard. I deleted the Norton files. But was still unable to install the Constant Guard. I was instructed to hit the windows button and when the run came up I was to type in misconfig. I did this and it went into safemode and is now stuck. The window page comes up with Administrator and my name. When I click on it it states that my Windows has not been activated properly. I have been using this computer for 4 years. I contacted Microsoft, they asked for my windows number to activate it. Microsoft said that it was blocked and that they do not support that software anymore. It is Windows XP Home Edition with service pack 3. Does anyone know how to get his out of safemode?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

In safe mode bring up msconfig and make sure that the Safe boot option is unchecked on the boot tab.

Posted 1 year ago

carmengstu

Thanks, but it skips past the safemode screen then goes to the windows screen with the administrator and my name. When I click on either it states that my Windows has not been activated properly. I have been using this computer for 4 years. I contacted Microsoft, they asked for my windows number to activate it. Microsoft said that it was blocked and that they do not support that software anymore. It is Windows XP Home Edition with service pack 3. Does anyone know how to get his out of safemode?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

I would try MS. again. http://gethuman.com/phone-numb.....n-Support/

Might get a more sympathetic answer from another rep.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

To my knowledge, MS never produced, authorized or sold an XP-3 Integrated Product.

Where did you get the installation CD and PID from ????

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@Rick, It is available I E-mailed you the link to look it over.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Reply Sent.

Statement Still Holds. :)

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

That's why the E-mail. not a post here.

Read your reply. Explains a lot. Have to wait for the OP. reply to your question now, if it ever comes.

Posted 1 year ago

carmengstu

Thanks for all your help. I will try the Microsoft number you sent.

I did not buy Microsoft XP -3, Miscrosoft XP was installed and the service packs were updates.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

To start the Product Activation Wizard, follow these steps:
1.Click Start.
2.Click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
3.Click System Tools.
4.Click Activate Windows.
5.When Product Activation Fails During Normal Activation Process, Do This:
6.The AUTOMATED Product Activation Center telephone number is displayed at the top of the window along with a 48 block of number code.
7.Use Land Line Touch Tone Telephone and be prepared to punch in key pad and key board numbers FAST.
The answer to the Last Question is Always "ONE".
There should be no human interaction involved except for you and the automated phone recording.

Posted 1 year ago

Noel8

i THOUGHT MS said XP support would end in 2014?

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

@Noel8,
XP support does end in 2014 however some users are still on XP, personal preference for some I guess.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

He may be the victim of a corporate product key where the corporation has moved on and the key is no longer supported.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Yep. Used too many times I think. OP. never did come back after Ricks suggestion however. Will have to wait and see if anything gets resolved. (maybe forever):)

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.