How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

How Do i find My Public IP Address From Some were on Internet

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by babinlonston
  • Latest reply from bivent
  • Topic Viewed 517 times

babinlonston

Hi ,

I'm Using Sony Vaio Laptop , Windows 7 64 Bit Home Edition ,Using Real VNC and i need to know my IP to connect to my system from some were in in Internet ,Actually I Have Configured Port forwarding and everything , if my system name is Toshiba-PC how can i find the public IP from some were on internet , i Don't want to Know the IP in my PC its already i have just visiting www.seemyip.com i got it and my LAN IP is 192.168.1.1 ..

Is there Any Way to Get the IP Information of My Public IP from any were in internet and by SMS or some think like that ..

Thanks in Advance

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

http://en.utrace.de Show you who you are and where you are. Of course it will only know the ISP not you personally, but it is your current IP.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark

Thing is Xhi, those ip addresses change slightly from ip site to ip site.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

HuH?? If you mean that many ISP to not provide a permanent IP without a cost and your IP may change from time to time that is true. Otherwise I did not understand your statement. The site I gave will tell you your IP at that moment of course. Your ISP can change it at will. But, you have no control over that. This will particularly true if you turn off your modem because they reuse the IPs that are available.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark

When I go to both links above I get two slightly different IP addresses, for example you may see 82.132.235.221 but another site may give me 82.132.234.24 and another gives me 82.132.235.132

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

Must be the way your ISP works, or you are going through a spoofer. In any event any reading is the IP at that moment. Do you mean that if you load three different "Where is" sites into tabs and refresh them almost instantaneously you will get three different answers? That's officially wierd.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark

No spoofer, but certainly strange :s

Edit : Yes three different at same time refreshed different IP's.

Edit : I think it may be a server thing, if those IP sites are using different servers in different parts of the world then that may be giving them a different reading. (just a theory)

But I have no idea why.

Posted 1 year ago

babinlonston

thanks

Posted 1 year ago

bivent

If you need to see your home computer's public IP address while on the road you can try Public IP Monitor which emails you any changes to computer's IP address.
Similar product from SourceForge

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.