The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Tutorials

How do I convert VHS to DVD?

(6 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by laurasautographs
  • Latest reply from babinlonston
  • Topic Viewed 2046 times

laurasautographs

I have a bunch of old vhs tapes that I would like to put onto dvd. Is there a free way I could do this from my computer, and what type of equipment if any would I need? I am looking for the cheapest way to do things if possible. Please be as clear as possible. Thanks

Posted 3 years ago

bobro
bobro

http://www.video2dvdtransfers.co.uk/

its not free but its there...

or this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/off.....nkCode=asm

Posted 3 years ago

G41M

If you want to do it yourself you must have;

1. VHS player with line out (A/V)
2. Video Capture device which can be internal (PCI) or external-this will convert analog signal from VHS to digital
3. Software to capture the video stream and convert the video into computer movie format -this normally comes with the Video Capture device.
4. A lot of free time

That's it.

Posted 3 years ago

beebmania

I've had some success using an old camcorder as the Video Capture device, they don't all work but do a search on "camcorder pass-through" for more info.

As has been noted it can be quite a laborious process. When our company moved office earlier this year we had a batch converted by Blue Turtle Video who were pretty good

Posted 2 years ago

babinlonston
babinlonston

Iam using VHS pLayer with AV output , pinnacle AV capture device , pinnacle capturing software which came along with device contain 3 CDs ,VHS rewinder with cleaner for cleaning ur VHS coz its too old so its sure consist of fungs clean using VHS before u playing it in VHS palyer , after capturing to PC if u want to convert to DVD use Canopus Procoder its the best one ....

Posted 2 years ago

babinlonston
babinlonston

ulead movie factory too nice

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!