SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - How Can I Stop my Page Jumping Please?

(19 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Ladybbird
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 6665 times

Ladybbird

How can I stop my page jumping? when I try to post on this site or others, the page jumps to the bottom sometimes, I always have lousy internet could it be that causing the prob. Thanks

Related;

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....ost-198093

Posted 3 years ago

Ladybbird

It is still going crazy jumping up and down.

Posted 3 years ago

marks100
marks100

hi can you explain a bit more is it on-line? when your scrolling or just browsing, what search engine are you using? post back please :)

mark.

Posted 3 years ago

Ladybbird

Thanks Mark, it is when I am on line, when I go to reply to a thread, the page jumps down to the bottom. I am on firefox and use Google search. I am wondering if it is something I deleted on start up to speed it up, when I followed the help I received on here;

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....ost-198093

Posted 3 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

@Ladybbird

That seems fine although I dont know what AML by Sony is?

What browser are you using?

Posted 3 years ago

catbalou

When I go to post a comment and forget to click before typing,,, I go to type and the page jumps!!!

Posted 3 years ago

bubbatie1
bubbatie1

spacebar on keyboard sticking ?

Posted 3 years ago

marks100
marks100

try disabling Google toolbar(then see) if no change , then try using internet explorer to eliminate Firefox ,post back

mark.

Posted 3 years ago

LH
LH

In FF, that happens because it thinks you want to do a search.

Posted 3 years ago

Ladybbird

Mark, I dont have the Google toolbar and I hate IE.

LH why would it think I want to do a search, when all I am trying to do is reply on a thread. Then the page suddenly jumps to the bottom.

I am going to do a little test today and see if it only happens on some sites. I Mod at 3 sites and one is a complete disaster, with many faults. It has over 300,000 members and its only a matter of time before it is closed down. Very irritating as I have to Mod fast on that one. I will report back and let you know the result.

Posted 3 years ago

fooBar
fooBar

Ladybbird, **Just a wild Guess** Is this a laptop? (maybe your hitting the touchpad, cuz I do and its annoying) in this case you may just need a better driver or if you disabled this item in the startup for the touchpad making it too sensitive.

I agree that you should do some testing. Try to figure out exactly when and with which applications and website it occurs. Just work slowly and pay attention to what everything until you can catch the culprit. If you can narrow this down we can likely do a better job finding a solution for ya.

Posted 3 years ago

marks100
marks100

i would change to ie (temporally) you still have it see if you get it there as well then you can eliminate Firefox. like foobar says process of elimination.

mark.

Posted 3 years ago

Ladybbird

Hallo again foobar, wish you were on skype. Thanks to you and Mark.

I think I have figured it out. It has been fine all day, until my son came home and went on his PS3!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR. Our internet in this 3rd world country is bad enough, but he sucks all mine. Boo hoo. I am going to test again tomorrow guys and let you know for sure

You are great and thank you both

PS foobar, I used to have that problem and found the answer from this site. Touchpad Pal. It is bril and stopped the prob.

Posted 3 years ago

billyoung

hi ladybbird
after i purchased my laptop i thought i had never used a laptop before. I can touch type but i would have the cursor jumping all over the page on me.
I would also have the page changing from one to another. My work would be a real mess and take me lots of time to fix it up.
I finally took my new Sony laptop back to future shop and explained the above. The tech. was really good about my problem and he had an answer for me in about 2 seconds. Disable your touch pad and use a mouse and your problems are solved.
Without knowing my hand would rest on the touchpad and the bars and cause my page and cursor to do back flips. Touchpad no longer works and my laptop works perfectly.
Bill Y

Reports: 1 · Posted 3 years ago

Ladybbird

Thanks for all your help guys. I have watched and done the tests for a couple of days and it looks like it is def an internet problem. When everyone in the area is home at night and on line, that is when it happens. During the day it doesnt happen and my laptop runs fine.!!! I guess that is the price I pay for living in "Paradise", Dominican Republic. I am a Brit that moved here for the weather and stunning beaches and mountains. But it is still very much a third world country. Crap internet and many power cuts and surges.

Again many thanks to all of you.

Posted 3 years ago

Ladybbird

Dont believe this, it is back again, any more suggestions please?

Posted 3 years ago

jmeeks49
jmeeks49

Ladybbird i was just wondering who your isp is? i have seen where the bandwith would do this if it wasn't impelmented right by them. what i mean is if you have a slow connection from them the connection may very well be waiting for the packets to go through your laptop thus making FF think that your ready to move on. if that's the case if i was you i would call your isp and ask them about it. if your son is draining the line that may be the problem but i have never heard of a PS3 causing that much of a bandwith drain. if it is, you may want to consider another tier for your connection.

john

Posted 3 years ago

Ladybbird

John we were thinking that because my son has the same problem, unfortunately I live in a third world country and it is a waste of time calling them, it is something we have to live with. Thanks so much for explaining it, that sounds right. I will mark this solved again.

Posted 3 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Ranked 60 out 232. Not bad. :)
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2184rank.html

Rick P.

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.