SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Tutorials

How can I create "Set a reminder" icons for emails?

(7 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by misterm7
  • Latest reply from misterm7
  • Topic Viewed 1328 times

misterm7

I received an email from TurboTax with an icon for Outlook, Google, Yahoo and iCal calendars. When you click the icon it adds a reminder to your calendar. How can I create these icons to send out with emails?

Posted 2 years ago

vistual

did the icon come in the email as an attachment?
or was it in the body of the email?

- if as an attachment - then re-attach to new email and send to: recipients. go to new email> and in the "to" field insert the email addresses / contacts
- if in the body of the email then forward the email to: recipients. when you have the email that you received open, select "forward" and in the "to" field insert the email addresses / contacts

gave two different examples since im not sure if by "icon" - you actually mean a file that you saved to your computer then clicked on (clicked the icon for it) or an actual icon in the body of the email. by body of the email i mean the area of the email that shows the actual information / message.

another thing to note is that if you plan to send this file / forward this email to people and if its specific to a certain application, (ie; turbotax, outlook, ical, etc.,etc..) then the recipients must also have the necessary software installed on their computer to use it.

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

Unless someone here can come up with some code, what I would do is look at the source code of the html email behind that icon and copy it and adjust it for my use. Many email programs have that capability.

@Vistual I think he means to adapt the capability to his own purposes, not just send his reminder to others.

Posted 2 years ago

vistual

thanks for clarifying Xhi - honestly i was a bit confused trying to understand what hes talking about / trying to achieve. 1/2 way in i just thought to myself "ahh what the heck might as well finish"! LOLOL!

@ misterm7,
to view the html look in the mail client ..
- Outlook 2003: Right-click anywhere in the message and select View Source
- Outlook 2007: Select Other Actions > View Source
- Windows Mail: Select View > Source Edit & Click on the Source tab at the bottom

Posted 2 years ago

misterm7

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-LnVcK-eCsgw/Tzelz1mLLcI/AAAAAAAAAX4/pHOWUUjNtT4/w541-h106-k/Set%2Ba%2Breminder.jpg

xxxxx
http://turbotax.intuit.com/mic.....mat=google
xxxxx
xxxxx

Let me clarify that I do not want to forward this specific reminder. I want to be able to create fresh-new reminders using these icons . I think it gives the eamil a very profesional look.

Edit by mod: 3 links deleted. These are direct downloads which are forbidden here
Matt

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

You do realize that you will have to write the actual code to update the varius calendars for your requirements. There are tools available to do it, but it is not as simple as making an icon in an email there must be code behind it. Here are instructions on how to do such things for Google calendar. Google Calendar APIs and Tools

Posted 2 years ago

misterm7

I,m hoping that there is an app that I can buy so I do not have to write code.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.