SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

How Can I Choose the best U.P.S. and motherboard?

(4 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by illusionado
  • Latest reply from illusionado
  • Topic Viewed 695 times

illusionado

guys as i shop UPS i saw them with different voltz..the higher the volt the higher its price so guys what is the best UPS for me? i have 220V AVR..can i use higher voltz UPS ???

2nd question.....what is quadcore 4000??/ is that the fastest motherboard?? or just a Fast one??

3rd question....what is faster my 3.2ghz pentium 4(intel) mother board or a Dual Core 2.0ghz/2.4ghz??? My two technician has different opinions here..one said my 3.2ghz is faster and one said the dual core is more faster because when it needs xtra speed it gets it from another 2.0ghz and equals to 4ghz all in all..

help guys..tnx

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

illusionado,

UPS:
What do want to do ??
Read SIMPLE description of types.
From this, you can go from 1 PC to a critical huge installation.
Click on Sponsored links.
http://images.google.com/imgre.....n%26sa%3DN

Kindest Regards,
Rick P.♦ :)

Posted 5 years ago

JonMCC33
JonMCC33

Just like raphoenix stated, it pretty much depends upon your needs. I run a single desktop but choose an APC ES 725 for my battery backup. APC is one of the best to get from my experience.

Not sure about your second question. A link to what you are referring to would be good. Both Intel and AMD offer quad core processors with various model numbers.

A dual core 2.0GHz is going to be faster than your 3.2GHz Pentium 4. Note that a dual core 2.0GHz does not combine to equal 4GHz at all.

Posted 5 years ago

illusionado

why is dual core 2.0ghz faster than mine even it has 2.0ghz only??.....

I play on some shops they have 2.0ghz dual core but when i open 2 games it SUCKZ...sometimes it screwed...mine is better base on my experience..

maybe they have 500mb RAM only?? coz i have 1G....

by the way TNX to ur reps.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!