The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

(Solved) - Hotmail sync. errors with Outlook 2010

(9 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by russbern
  • Latest reply from scorpion99
  • Topic Viewed 17742 times

russbern

I am having problems with Outlook 2010. I am running Visa 32 bit. When I first set up Hotmail it worked fine. All of my folders were downloaded. Then for some inexplicable reason, it stopped working.

I have trawled through all the postings in this regard on the Internet, tried all of the suggested fixes but to no avail.

Task 'Hotmail' reported error (0x80004005) : 'Network operation failed'

Task 'Hotmail' reported error (0x8004102A) : 'Error with Send/Receive. There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 80041004.'

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

You need this; http://office.microsoft.com/en.....22518.aspx

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

minigeek
minigeek

Hi

I am running Office 2010 Pro, and Outlook appeared to already include it. On XP I had to use the connector that Mike pointed you to.

I have received that error a few times - no idea why! It seems to go away after a while! They could be having server problems? Try Tomorrow!

MiniGeek

Posted 2 years ago

russbern

Hi Mike

I have uninstalled & re-installed the connector tool but to no avail. Same error messages as above. I will try tomorrow.

Thanks.

Russell

Posted 2 years ago

minigeek
minigeek

OK - mines syncing fine, but as I said - I have had this problem in the past.

MiniGeek

Posted 2 years ago

scorpion99
scorpion99

If it was working fine and you didn't change anything in your outlook configuration , it might be an internet problem , btw what is your default internet browser?

Posted 2 years ago

russbern

Firefox set to 'No proxy'.

Posted 2 years ago

russbern

You got me thinking when you asked what the default browser is. I then had a look at IE's settings which were set to 'Proxy server'. I changed them back to 'Automatically detect settings', closed Outlook & opened it & Hotmail is now syncing just fine.

Many thanks.

Posted 2 years ago

scorpion99
scorpion99

exactly , because Outlook is somehow related to IE connection to the internet.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.