SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Hotmail has NOT been receiving messages.

(11 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by mcfconstruction
  • Latest reply from mcfconstruction
  • Topic Viewed 388 times

mcfconstruction

Hello there,
I need some help. I am getting extrememly frustrated with the fact that since 11/23/12 I have not received any of our email messages into our email accounts. I dont know if its because one of the accounts that were linked together before tried to inadvertently switch to outlook, or what could have happened but all email addresses linked to my .com address are effected.

I can go into them and send messages out.

I can not find any live help. Ive been told its because of windows live, Ive been told its hotmail, I dont care what it is, I just know that it has effected our business alot! we are a busy contractor that is loosing work with every passing hour.

I will try just about anything right now.

Thanks

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

What happens when you send a message to yourself??

Another thing to try is to set it forward all messages to another account.

Set a vacation reply to anyone telling them of another account to send to. Just in case someone is capturing your mail. (longshot)

Posted 2 years ago

mcfconstruction

please someone help me, I see others getting responses. If this needs to be posted somewhere else, please advise me.

I have attempted to log into this account several ways. This is what I get when I try to set up the windows live mail program.

Unable to send or receive messages for the mcf............. (mcf) account. The connection to the server has failed.

Server: 'pop3.live.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10060

Posted 2 years ago

mcfconstruction

Thank you Guest Mod.

I have tried those things. using a backup email thru gmail.

Ive set vacation responses but they are not forwarding.

have advised all in my contact list of new email. I dont know if there are mailer demons because I am not getting the mail.

When you send a message it goes thru, but if you send it to yourself it does not appear because I am not getting the mail.

Posted 2 years ago

mcfconstruction

when you send a message to yourself from gmail to the hotmail, the vacation response does not reply to the gmail account like it should either. HOw woulod I know if someone is capturing the email?

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

Pop3.Live.com requires port 995 SSL=yes
SMTP.live.com requires port 25 SSL=Yes
In addition for outgoing (SMTP) Requires Authentication must be checked.

Look up your e-mail program here How to Access Free Windows Live Hotmail via POP in Any Email Program

Posted 2 years ago

mcfconstruction

I have done that except for the link you sent

When I check those boxes it keeps coming up with the password screen, I enter what I know as the password, but that screen continues to return not allowing me to bypass it. Grrrrrrr

Posted 2 years ago

mcfconstruction

when I change the settings like it recomends this is what I get.

Unable to send or receive messages for the Mcfcontractor (mcf) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop3.live.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10053

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

SSL should be Yes.

Can you actually signin on line through the web?

Posted 2 years ago

mcfconstruction

I ca sign into hotmail account. the inbox says the last email came in on 11/23. I can send email out but you cant get anything to me...

Posted 2 years ago

mcfconstruction

If I dont check the boxes, then I get that error box. If I do check the box I get the password box that keeps popping back up no matter what password I put in it over and over. ugggggh

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.