The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Hotkeys issue in Windows 7

(1 post)
  • Started 6 years ago by jdbltap
  • Topic Viewed 609 times

PARTNER SPOTLIGHT

Recommended: Clean Your Mac the Easy Way with CleanMyMac 3

If you want to clean up your Mac the easy way, CleanMyMac is a great tool to get the job done easily, and it will even keep your computer clean automatically.

Unlike the competition, it also includes great tools like a Clean Uninstaller, to get rid of applications and clean up the junk that they leave behind. All with the click of a button.

Download CleanMyMac 3 for Free Today

Posted yesterday 
jdbltap

I just recently installed Windows 7, after all was up and running I started installing other programs. Installed my Itunes and proceeded to listen to music. The hotkey mute button would show the mute icon on the scree, but didnt affect the sound, same with the volume icon on the screen. It would show up , but no movement or change in sound. I then tried the other hotkeys and the brightness one worked fine. I am usuing a Sony Vaio VGN-FS840/W. I have tried installing all the updated drivers. After reading several forums, I downloaded the shared library, utilities update and the other files that were suggested, but the same outcome. Any help with this is appreciated. JD

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.