How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

CPU 100% Host process for windows services--- NIGHTMARE

(5 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by makevali
  • Latest reply from makevali
  • Topic Viewed 16770 times

makevali

hi,
recently my gaming laptop dell inspiron xps gen 2 ultra has gotten soo slow my games lagg like i have ever seen before and im wondering why my laptop is super slow all of a sudden. I look around and my task manager has 100% used cpu usage I got 13 host process for windows services on the svchost.exe
Is that whats slowing my laptop down or what could it be? im sooooo frustrated why my laptop is sooo slow all of a sudden and i neeed some help regarding Task manager and event viewer and such cause i think thats the problem, plus " host process for windows services"

pleeease help thanx!

Posted 5 years ago

whs

Run Process Explorer. On the top of the PE window click on CPU - that will move all the heavy CPU consumers to the top. If you hover over the svchost.exes, it will tell you which components it serves. If you right click on it and go to Properties, you get additional information.

PS: it is not unusual to have a lot of svchost.exes - they serve all the system services. It`s a legacy problem for which they have chosen this approach. Here is some more info: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....t-running/

Posted 5 years ago

makevali

heyyy whs thnx alot for this helpful info, but the problem was in the windows media centre or soemthing concerning windows media that took alot of cpu when i start up my laptop, so that was fixed my cpu usage is aaround 15 percent still relativley high for not doing anything, anndi thought it was abnormal to have all those svchost.exes but thanx to u now i understand, ohh and i think my problem with the game i was playing was the ping, its 2 high because theres l ike 7 pc's running in my house soo that probably explains the lagg.

soo again thanx very much

Posted 5 years ago

whs

Glad you got it sorted out and learned something in the process. Have fun with the game.

Posted 5 years ago

makevali

actually scratch that =/ my laptop is still slower than it used to, i think the problem is still in the task manager do u kno anything that might help?

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.