The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - HomeGroup Problem????

(9 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by tmonkey2394
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 22634 times

tmonkey2394

I have a wireless router for my desktop and my laptop and I created a Homegroup for my DESKTOP and I wanted to connect my laptop to the DESKTOP HOME GROUP and I check my laptop and it says that there is no homegroup created on my network even though I created one on my desktop. What is going wrong? Is it only me having the problem? I only have one wireless router so I know it is not mulitple routers around me because I live out in the country. How come it says I do not have a Homegroup on the network even though I CREATED ONE on my desktop. Will I be able to send a document to my printer if I ever get this to work from my laptop to send to my desktop and make it print since I want to share printers also on my home group. Can someone answer my question? Also both my desktop and laptop has Windows 7 Home Premium in them.

Thanks,
Tyler

Posted 4 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

Tyler,

Did you do the password 'thing'?

Here is a 'walkthru' on HOW TO MAKE A HOMEGROUP, maybe that will clear it up for you.

Irv S.

Posted 4 years ago

tmonkey2394

I put a password on my desktop one, which that one is the one that I created the home group. I don't know what is problem but it says that I have no Home Groups created on the network but how do I get it on the network?

Thanks,
Tyler

Posted 4 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

Did you follow the steps in the link above?

If you did, where did it fail, which step?

Irv S>

Posted 4 years ago

tmonkey2394

Once I check my desktop it says I have a HomeGroup but if I have check my laptop it is not showing that I have created a HomeGroup.

Posted 4 years ago

chottu46

HeY delete the group you have created and change them to work group and restart the system and find out weather you can see the other work groups , then ?

Posted 4 years ago

tmonkey2394

I have called Microsoft and they said that I had to do a selective startup and decheck load startup items and then go to processes and hide all Microsoft Processes and disable all and restart your computer and you check the computer you are wanting to connect to and it comes up saying you can join. Then you can go back in and restart and do a normal startup again. It will automatically reenable the things you disabled.

Posted 4 years ago

redhill2000

I experienced the same problem as you. Would you please explain in detail the steps? It's driving me crazy.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

redhill2000. Please could you start your own New Topic on your problem.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!