The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

(Solved) - Home Page Comments

(11 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by nt0xik8ed
  • Latest reply from GuiltySpark
  • Topic Viewed 1090 times

nt0xik8ed

since the overhaul of howtogeek website i've never been able to leave comments on the home pages articles. am i some how blocking something with adblock plus?

Posted 3 years ago

warlock

I never left a comment but tried it to see if would work for me. Left a test comment on the HDTV article and worked fine for me. Does it show you as logged in? What happens when you try to post a comment?

Posted 3 years ago

nt0xik8ed

it shows me as logged in, when i click to leave the message it goes back to the top of the page

Posted 3 years ago

hatryst

I believe, I'm having the same issue (well, it started today). But it happens, sometimes...

Posted 3 years ago

Lighthouse

It also happened before the overhaul.
And I have moved this to Site Suggestions.

Posted 3 years ago

vistamike

Just posted on the email article, same happened, no post after clicking submit and went top of page

Posted 3 years ago

Lighthouse

Will let The Geek know, when he turns up.

Posted 3 years ago

Xhi

Some problems with the new format were solved by returning the hosts file to its default version.

Posted 3 years ago

The Geek

Looked at this, and it seems like most of your comments are being caught in the spam filter, which we rarely, if ever, check.

The cause: Your personal blog is on blogspot, which is a haven for spammers of all types. Since that's showing up as your URL, it's hitting the spam filter.

Accepted Answer · Posted 3 years ago

nt0xik8ed

thats funny because i left a comment about something being Googlized that didn't post. now it's working after i removed the blog from my profile. i've been trying to figure out wordpress so i could move that blog away from blogger.

Posted 3 years ago

GuiltySpark

How do you add a comment ? I have no option to.

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.