The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - highlighting problems

(8 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Leasholm
  • Latest reply from Leasholm
  • Topic Viewed 689 times

Leasholm

I cannot highlight anything in G Mail. I want to cut and paste but cannot highlight the words or numbers in any e-mails. There is no problem elsewhere only in gmail...any thoughts?

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

Cannot understand why you can't as I can without problem. Simply clicking on the email brings it up in a window that I can highlight in.

Posted 2 years ago

warlock

@Xhi, Tried to find something to help the OP. hours ago. Others do have the same type problem but, could not find a resolve.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&#.....38;bih=716

Posted 2 years ago

whs

I don't have a solution because I do not use Gmail but here is a possible work-around:

Press CTL+P and select the Microsoft XPS Document Reader as your output. Choose the folder where you want to store it and give the file a name (important - else it will not store). On the stored XPS document you may have more luck with the highlighting.

Posted 2 years ago

Leasholm

whs CTL brings up the printer window?

Whi This is a new phenomenm it worked fine a few days ago. Any how I have found a way around it and that is to open the mail in a new window then it works fine, but it is a pest

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

Use a client, not webmail!

http://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/

Auto setup, no probs

Posted 2 years ago

whs

"" whs CTL brings up the printer window? ""

That is correct. You 'print' to an XPS document.

Posted 2 years ago

Leasholm

Thanks everyone. For some inexplicable reason it has righted itself and now highlights as before...weird

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.