SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

(Solved) - HIGH CPU when playing games that I normally play.

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Needhelpbro
  • Latest reply from Needhelpbro
  • Topic Viewed 770 times

Needhelpbro
Needhelpbro

Hello, I came to make this because recently when I play a game called ROBLOX I get a 100% CPU all the time and I lag.
I will try to post all I can think that can help:
My temperature is 90 degrees
T42 Lenovo Thinkpad
2.0 GB RAM(RECENTLY INSTALLED 1 GB)
1.7 GHz CPU
Windows XP SP3
I recently re-installed XP because games would not even work.
I defrag often and disk clean.
That is all I can think of for now HELP!

Posted 1 year ago

Tutaha

I get taht too.....i recon it's viruses....took me a while to clean them out before it turns good again....anyways, if you use the net to play games, then i recommend that you close all browsers you left open, because it increases the amount of memory needed to store temporary files from the net.....which can both slow your browsing speed and computer....

One way to ease a MB or two from your RAM is to disable the windows xp visual style...
1)Right-click on "My computer" and click properties
2)CLick on "Advance"
3)Look for "Performance" and click on "settings" then another window will appear, so click"visual Effects"
4)click "Custom"
5)Then un-check "Use visual styles on windows and buttons" and "Show shadows under mouse button"

This is just tiny things that i recommend you to do....how ever if you were to disable the visual style feature, then your screen will have the style of windows 2000 which i think that there is not much of a difference from a windows xp visual style.

Thats all i will tell you to do....cause that is what im familiar with...and it would be time consuming to introduce you to what the rest of the items on the list.

Posted 1 year ago

Needhelpbro
Needhelpbro

I will try that, I am also pretty good with computers for being my age, and I have done some trial and error in the past and came out alive.

Posted 1 year ago

Tutaha

lol if you succeed, you can get some new visual styles on the net.....have a look at this article:

http://freeforshared.blogspot......tyles.html

It is actually an extract from the book "How to hack windows xp"....which i have read and tried a couple of the things in it. However on the site, i reckon they copied the info from the book to it.

However the site is for windows xp, but you should get a fair idea on how to set it up if you had other versions of windows. It will explain everything i said completely and fully.

Good luck :)

Posted 1 year ago

Needhelpbro
Needhelpbro

I had a virus.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!