The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Heroes of might and magic 3 and windows 7

(9 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by adamkade
  • Latest reply from adamkade
  • Topic Viewed 8700 times

adamkade

Hope this is the right place to ask such a question. I like to play this game. I have a vista compatible version, which works fine. My friend has the same version of the game, but he has windows 7 on his computer. I have run in capatible mode for vista, and then run it and had problems with it. So looked for solution on internet and run it in compatible mode for xp (service pack 3 I believe) and it was working fine. Because I was down his house, and he had another computer, we played it by using game ranger (which is awesome tool for playing the game btw,) via router and it worked fine. When I got home and tried to play him across the internet the game couldnt get past the first round. I have no idea how to sort the problem out. Just wondered if any one had any ideas.

Hope this is right place to ask, I am new to this website, and indeed love the site. Peace, Adamkade

Posted 4 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Hi adamkade, and welcome to HTG.

The problem you stated is:

When I got home and tried to play him across the internet the game couldnt get past the first round

Can you please explain this?

Posted 4 years ago

adamkade

The game boots up, and my friend recieves the date, but as he finishes his go (The game is turn based) there says there is an error in sending date. Last night I played the game over the internet with two randum people and various problems persisted. I put this down to there being a problem with their computers, of which they both said that this might well be the case. Last night we played for half hour and I got beat, but during that half hour it played without a hitch. Today I attempted to play with a few different people and ran into problems with it again. Once it didnt boot up properly and the second time it said: "Program not responding." I am unsure as to whether, it is my computer that is the problem.

Posted 4 years ago

adamkade

the operating system i am using is vista (home) and it should run (and has run ok in past) ok on it. but i am running into problems.

Posted 4 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Does it only cause problems when you're playing over the internet? Any problem while playing via LAN?

Posted 4 years ago

adamkade

I dont play over lan now, I am the only one that lives where I live.

Posted 4 years ago

adamkade

When I was down his house I played him in his other room, on the computer; but I played it via gameraider. So I am not sure as to whether we was playing over lan or internet then.

Posted 4 years ago

adamkade

Just played soemone for 1hr and half and it is ok on my computer, my intitial assesment is correct. The problem seems to be with windows 7 on friends side, he does download quite heavily and i wonder if it is that which could interfer, though heroes of might and magic 3 wouldn't use that much bandwidth, originally it was a game that could be played with a dial up modem

Posted 4 years ago

adamkade

Solution: gog.com has brought out a version which is compatible with windows 7

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.