How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Help with Wireless Zero Configuration

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by BiggRob07
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 710 times

BiggRob07
BiggRob07

I have a Dell notebook and I am having a problem, everytime I turn my notebook on to go wireless, I have to go into services and start (WZC). I want to know if there is any way to set this so that I don't have to go into services and start WZC? I'm not sure what to try!!

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Set the service for Automatic Start.

Reboot the machine.

Posted 1 year ago

BiggRob07
BiggRob07

I tried setting it to automatic and rebooted but the WZC has to be restarted again. I even went into to the properties of my wireless device and went to the wireless network tab to make sure that the "use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" was checked. All of those things has to be redone when I reboot.

Posted 1 year ago

scorpion99
scorpion99

Is there any other wireless manager software installed on your notebook?

Posted 1 year ago

BiggRob07
BiggRob07

I don't think I do, where would I go to actually find out?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Look in your startup files. One way to do that is to run Ccleaner -> Tools -> Startup. See if there is any thing starting that is effecting the Wireless. You can save the list to a text file and copy and paste it here if it is confusing to you.

Posted 1 year ago

BiggRob07
BiggRob07

It is kind of confusing so here is the list, I hope this is the one you were talking about.

Yes HKCU:Run ChromeFrameHelper Google Inc. "C:\Documents and Settings\Eric Hood\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\24.0.1312.56\chrome_frame_helper.exe" --startup
No HKCU:Run ctfmon Microsoft Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
Yes HKCU:Run ctfmon.exe Microsoft Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
Yes HKCU:Run Google Update Google Inc. "C:\Documents and Settings\Eric Hood\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
No HKCU:Run GoogleToolbarNotifier Google Inc. "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
No HKCU:Run GoogleUpdate Google Inc. "C:\Documents and Settings\Eric Hood\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
No HKCU:Run msnmsgr Microsoft Corporation "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
Yes HKCU:Run swg Google Inc. "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run Adobe ARM Adobe Systems Incorporated "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
No HKLM:Run AdobeARM Adobe Systems Incorporated "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run ApnUpdater Ask "C:\Program Files\Ask.com\Updater\Updater.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run BTMeter Dell C:\Program Files\Battery Meter\BTMeter.exe
No HKLM:Run CapsLKNotify Compal Electronics, Inc C:\Program Files\CapsLKNotify\CapsLKNotify.exe
Yes HKLM:Run CLMLServer CyberLink "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Power2Go\CLMLSvc.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run egui ESET "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\egui.exe" /hide /waitservice
No HKLM:Run FGuard Threat Expert Ltd. C:\Program Files\PC Tools Security\BDT\FGuard.exe
No HKLM:Run fwupdate BitLeader "C:\Program Files\lg_fwupdate\fwupdate.exe" blrun
No HKLM:Run hkcmd Intel Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
No HKLM:Run igfxpers Intel Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
No HKLM:Run igfxtray Intel Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
No HKLM:Run RTHDCPL Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTHDCPL.EXE
No HKLM:Run sprtcmd "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P dellsupportcenter
No HKLM:Run syncables syncables, LLC C:\Program Files\syncables\syncables desktop\syncables.exe
No HKLM:Run SynTPEnh Synaptics Incorporated %ProgramFiles%\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
Yes HKLM:Run UCam_Menu CyberLink Corp. "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\YouCam\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\YouCam" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\YouCam\2.0"
Yes HKLM:Run UpdateLBPShortCut CyberLink Corp. "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\LabelPrint\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\LabelPrint" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\LabelPrint\2.5"
Yes HKLM:Run UpdateP2GoShortCut CyberLink Corp. "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Power2Go\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Power2Go" UpdateWithCreateOnce "SOFTWARE\CyberLink\Power2Go\6.0"
No HKLM:Run visicom_antiphishing Visicom Media Inc. (Powered by Panda Security) "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Anti-phishing Domain Advisor\visicom_antiphishing.exe"
No HKLM:Run WLTRAY Dell Inc. C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
No HKLM:Run WSED Dell C:\Program Files\WSED\WSED.exe
No Startup Common McAfee Security Scan Plus.lnk McAfee, Inc. C:\PROGRA~1\MCAFEE~1\20DEB9~1.181\SSSCHE~1.EXE
No Startup Common Sonic CinePlayer Quick Launch.lnk Sonic Solutions C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SONICS~1\CineTray.exe
No Startup Common Windows Search.lnk Microsoft Corporation C:\PROGRA~1\WINDOW~4\WINDOW~1.EXE /startup

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Looking at the Yes's in the list I don't see anything that strikes me as a wireless manager that might be running. Perhaps someone else will have an idea.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!