The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

(Solved) - Help with specs on video card

(17 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by SkittlesTheCat2012
  • Latest reply from SkittlesTheCat2012
  • Topic Viewed 722 times

SkittlesTheCat2012

ok so i noticed i made a few post already sigh sry for another new topic. Just wanna make sure what i buy i will be happy with. Ok so to the question. I finally picked a affordable video card after making the first mistake and getting a 560 ti which i took back after seeing some benchmarks on it -_-. So anywho i want the Radeon 7870 seeing how they have better pirces for for better preformance since they have to compete with nvidia. but when i look online i see like 4 diff kinds of this SAME card just diff brands. But they are all priced differantly. I was wondering if one was a bit better than the other or are they the same idk about this stuff at all. Anywho heres a link to the card i want but dont know what brand after seeing so many diff ones at diff prices. I can afford all of these just didnt want to waste money on a diff brand if it wasnt better, Also i have store credit at this store like over 100$ so i have to use this store. ;/'

The link to the video card with all 4 brands

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

GV-R787OC-2GD AMD Radeon HD 7870
This Card is 11 inches long !!!!!! I don't know if it will fit ????
http://www.microcenter.com/sin.....id=0387394

Posted 2 years ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

thats the one i had my eye on and my new case will fit it perfectly is that the better of the 4 ?

Posted 2 years ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

just wasnt sure when i sall 3 others that cost more and i wont be oc anything myself lol

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Some reviews by others. Has a 5 egg rating.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/.....#38;Page=1

Posted 2 years ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

yah i saw that when trying to find some reviews on it. Just wondering why other brands are selling it for 20 to $60 more and dont come OC like gigabyte

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

That card has to clear the Chipset height.
I assume it will as the MB is only 8.6" inches wide.

Posted 2 years ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

Oh wow i never thot of anything like that i just thought if it fit in the slot on board it would work haha i dont even know where the chip set is on the board grrr time to re read manual -_-

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Specs on Real AMD Brand Name.
http://www.amd.com/us/products.....70.aspx#/3

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

hmm seems like the other brands like to fix it up and make the card a bit better or is it just me lol

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Yes, they put fans all over um and O/C um a bit to get brand name differentiation. :)

Posted 2 years ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

so after looking on there site at reviews and the comparing thing they have on there. I think ima settle with the gigabyte since it comes oc and it has better cooling. and at 300$ which isnt to bad seems like it better then the other brans that sell for 330 or 360. Thx once again you seem to always have the awnsers lol or maybe i just dont look hard enough for the info sigh.

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Skittles,

Yep, try the Gigabyte GV-R787OC-2GD AMD Radeon HD 7870 2048MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card.

http://www.microcenter.com/sin.....id=0387394

Just make sure the 11" inch card will fit.

Maybe the Micro Center will have some parts in the back room where they can try the fit up before you buy one.

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

yeah i was thinking same thing :) thx again you been alot of help now to wait till the 10th lol then its mine and first game ima play is METRO 2033 ;p

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

:) :)

Posted 2 years ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

Lol I love the dancing man

Posted 2 years ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

Hope the benchmarks on this card is right and that it is a lot better than the 560ti

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.