The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

Help With PC Components

(2 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by CianED
  • Latest reply from graphic242
  • Topic Viewed 499 times

So I'm looking around the interwebs to find the right parts for a custom build(my first time building a PC) and I found these parts which I'm thinking of buying:;sr=1-1
The main reason I came here looking for help is I don't know what sort of Power Supply or Motherboard to get. So if someone less derpy than me could maybe suggest what sort of power Power Supply to go for and/or what motherboard would be compatible with my choices I would appreciate it very much ;D
P.S I live in Ireland just in case anyone suggests a product from a website that can't ship here

Posted 2 years ago

Looks like you are off to a good start. So the first thing you need is a compatible Motherboard. Obviously it's an Intel and it's an 1155 socket. Also you need a board that has 4 dimm slot's for your memory. Most do unless you are doing a micro atx or mini itx build. Are you familiar with newegg? They don't ship internationally but have a huge selection and an easy to use website that can help get some idea's. Tigerdirect does ship internationally.

Your cpu, ram and videocard are all compatible with those boards. Might be a good place to start.
As far as a power supply I would strongly recommend making an investment in this department, not a place to cut corner's.
A modular power supply will make a huge difference and possibly save you some frustration with not having so many excess wires.
Here are a few high quality psu's ranging from less than 100 to about 200:

I would suggest getting at least 100w more than what is recommended for your video card, cpu etc.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.