The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

(Solved) - Help with mobo and cf

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by SkittlesTheCat2012
  • Latest reply from SkittlesTheCat2012
  • Topic Viewed 598 times

SkittlesTheCat2012

Ok so I'm planning on buying a 7870 and then buying a second 7870 around September my question is can my mobo support CF I have a asrock z77 extreme4. And if so will this future proof me or is it not enough? Thx for all the help

Or should i just buy a 7950 and wait till end of year and CF those since i will be using 2 24" monitors. i have read review some says 7870 is clsoe to 7950 some say 7950 blows 7870 away so mix reviews on them

note the 7950 is $60 more at micro and i have store credit there so yeah

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

With 650W Power supply, you're not going to CF anything.

Cheap MBs and Expensive Video Cards don't cut it.

Suggest you Purchase the 7950 Card and be happy.

When I speced the machine, I did so for YOUR LOW Budget.

Now you want to change after Building.

Should have been honest with yourself before ordering parts and taking up my time.

Rick P.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

Money cames and goes. This build wasnt ment to last long in first place. i can buy a new mobo by end of year and psu if i need to. This build was just to get the jest of it and see how it all works. i knew from the beginning that alot of it would be changed by end of year. Slowely i dont mind taking the hit on the money ill lose on psu and mobo that i bought o well just wondering how it would work and if it could handle it so cool if not then i buy new stuff

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

well anywho thx for letting me know that it cant handle CF thats all i needed to know :) and ill prolly take power supply back and get a 850w corsair

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!