SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

HELP to regain a blocked facebook account!

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by snjblack
  • Latest reply from bbeisenhaurt
  • Topic Viewed 1360 times

snjblack

I had fake facebook account, It wasn't impersonating any one, it was made for fun and political attack, the name that I was used and the posts that was made bit politically offensive, so some people was not happy, but I had good response from many people, but somehow that got blocked by facebook, obviously some people report it... now facebook is asking me to provide a picture of my national ID to get my account back,

Doubts:
that account didn't had my real name, or real photo or any other personal information that my National ID has, so If I give them my ID info
will it affect my real facebook account, which has my real name and real photo?
is it risky?
what worst could happen?

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark

Well I wouldn't do it, but then again I would never have a Facebook account in the first place.

Certainly sounds 'iffy'. ID fraud maybe, tell them they can't have your ID info but they can have your PIN number and see what they say, if they agree you know it's really suss.

Posted 1 year ago

bbeisenhaurt

Facebook doesn't ask for ID info DONT DO IT!!
If they block you they delete your site, then you have to use a legit account and you give them legit facebook friends who will vouch for you.
FB contacts them directly and asks if they know you. FB will unlock a legit account.
If your political beliefs are yours why not just be open about it? That is what FB is for.
I too am political on FB, and I have fought campaigns on FB. One company I was fighting hijacked my friends FB accounts to send me messages using my FB account on their pages. Friends couldn't see the messages, but I could. Very creepy, but I knew then what I was doing was working..

Good Luck

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.