How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Help Please.....

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by GirlInterrupted
  • Latest reply from jcx
  • Topic Viewed 343 times

GirlInterrupted

Hi,

So, I'm not an absolute beginner when it comes to computers and tech etc but I'm certainly no pro... I need some help, my boyfriend goes through absolutely everything of mine, my phones, tablet and laptops and he does it constantly! I'm convinced he has put some sort of program or something on my laptops etc. So my questions are, how do you know if someone has been accessing your laptops/tablet/phones? How do you stop it? and how do I get him back!! Not that I have anything to hide, it's the principle and it's beyond annoying!!

Opinions and advice would be great!!

Thx all!!

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse

GirlInterrupted hi. Not something we really deal with here. But change all your passwords, and don't tell him what they are.

Posted 1 year ago

CompWiz

GirlInterrupted, hi.

Sounds exhausting, anyhow, if you can post your computer's task manager with the 'processes' tab active we can perhaps identify such program.

As for as your phone and tablet simply check what apps are installed through the "app store" as some can be hidden.

"Honesty is the best policy.." - Benjamin Franklin

Posted 1 year ago

ProstheticHead

Hi there. If you think he is physically accessing your data (ie, he's actually using your laptop/phone when you aren't looking) then there are a few things you can do.

First thing I'd do is encrypt your laptop's hard drive with TrueCrypt.

http://www.truecrypt.org/
http://www.howtogeek.com/10850.....truecrypt/

As for your phone, I guess it would depend on what make/model it is. Most phones can be password protected.

Or maybe he is able to intercept your web traffic with a MITM tool of some description. If that is the case, I'm not sure how you can stop him, short of booting him off your network or out of your life altogether lol.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike

Oh, this is an old one, forget it please......

Posted 1 year ago

jcx

@- Newgirl, Hey it seems as though either u, your boyfriend r paranoid, therefore
you need a pro 2 help u out,
there r security issues here no doubt, what program's do u suspect, sme sort of
gps (hidden)? or is it of the lesser priority; internet theft, wherefore the best option,
in my opinion is to boot him out altogether eh!
Ps. u dnt have 2 change any passwrds that line of sec dissapeared in the caveman days!
PPs. nt to get all dear Abbie on ya, bt if u find that 1st option a bit harsh
why nt just confront him 1st?; (sve my bacon)

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.