The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

(Solved) - Help!! PC Settings screen!

(26 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by milti
  • Latest reply from presence1960
  • Topic Viewed 10360 times

vistamike

seanboy50, please post your problem as a new topic. Dealing with 2 different problems has taken this one off track and is considered hijacking.

In this way we can deal with your individual problem.

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

seanboy50

Sorry, Mike! it wasnt my intention to confuse things. It seems this issue is specific to the Windows 8 OS regardless of what hardware you have, so thought it was relevant. No problem, I'll start a new post.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike

seanboy50, thank you.

Each problem will have its own dilemma and will confuse the OP and multiple replies would really confuse further.

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

milti

I can get to the Control Panel and use lots of stuff in it - changing programs, personalize. What doesn't work is the User Accounts part of it. I can't change User Accounts' names, pictures, manage a new one, change a password. Those particular links in the CP don't work; when I click on them, nothing happens.

I was not able to find my product key using that downloadable program. :( It gave errors while installing, saying I needed to have Admin privileges (yet I'm logged into my Admin account??)

I can access Recovery or I'll read the Refresh tutorial again. I'll do that then.

Posted 1 year ago

Kelen

Suggest you use the HP recovery and let it reinstall windows and all the apps. Your recovery key should be F11. It will wipe the windows partition out and reload it all. If the issue presents itself again, then take it back to the store. I also say make the first account you setup a local account and not a Microsoft account.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

presence1960

+1 on Kelen's suggestion. At this point a factory restore is your best bet.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.