How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

(Solved) - Help on Building a New Computer

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by MrTIMarshall2512
  • Latest reply from MrTIMarshall2512
  • Topic Viewed 611 times

MrTIMarshall2512

Hello,

I would like to make two new computer for my partner and I. I have found what seems to be a nice looking computer case on eBay, however I'm not sure if it is actually any good and will be quiet?

I would like some help on purchasing two motherboards, of which are able to have:

• Two Graphics Cards for up to four computer screens.
  • Be able to have at least 2x8gb of RAM or more.
  • Be able to have a 7.1 surround sound card.
  • Be able to have loads of memory, I plan on getting 1tb per computer at least.
  • All other things such as DVD player, etc...

I also need help on purchasing the components listed above. I plan to have both computer operating on either Windows 7 or 8.

Best Regards,
Tim

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

Check here, it might give you some ideas of how to go with your build http://newbcomputerbuild.com/n.....pc-builds/

Posted 1 year ago

MrTIMarshall2512

I quite like the look of this Desktop Computer Case but I'm not sure on the specs/where to purchase...

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

That case is not in any of the builds. You might find it here http://www.newegg.com/Computer.....egory/ID-7

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

I don't build but, here are some similar cases w/out PSU though it seems. http://www.shopwiki.co.uk/l/di.....nal-lights

Posted 1 year ago

MrTIMarshall2512

Okay, thank you everyone, I have now found a Desktop Tower of which I want to purchase. You ca view it here.

I now need help on finding a motherboard which supports:

> At least 2 graphics Cards
> At least 16GB of RAM
> A decent amount of memory, possibly 1tb
> 7.1 Surround Sound card

All the other standard things such as a DVD/CD player and whatnot for the slots at the front of the tower.

Posted 1 year ago

presence1960
presence1960

Memory is RAM. What you are calling memory you may be referring to hard disk capacity. Quite a few people throw that term memory around to mean space on a hard disk.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Tim,

Unless you have unlimited resources, you have to have a budget first BEFORE building anything.

What's the maximum amount of money you have in mind for building these machines ??

Posted 1 year ago

MrTIMarshall2512

Ah yes, I forgot about that presence1960!

...And regarding the price raphoenix, I wouldn't really want to spend more than $400 for both motherboards although it's flexible as I plan to build this up throughout the year, save up for the tower casing, purchase that, then the motherboards and so on.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.