The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

Help on Building a Desktop Computer

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by MrTIMarshall2512
  • Latest reply from MrTIMarshall2512
  • Topic Viewed 666 times

MrTIMarshall2512

I am planning on shortly purchasing two COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Cases to start building a really good, new computer for my partner and I.

I quite like the look and features of the ARCTIC Accelero Hybrid 7970 VGA Cooler, especially due to my partners graphics card overheating, and whether this is likely or not, I would like to make sure I reduce the chance, however we would like to have a graphics card which can handle up to 4 screens and I have been looking at the EVGA 02G-P4-2678-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card.

So my first question:
1). Can you please help me find either:
> A). A graphics card which is supported by the ARCTIC Accelero Hybrid 7970 VGA Cooler and supports up to 4 screens?
> B). A hydrocooler which supports EVGA 02G-P4-2678-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card?

I also need to know of a good CUP and Motherboard. I plan to have both computers running on either Windows 7 or Windows 8 and wish to be able to have a 7.1 surround sound card and at least 16GB of ram.
2). What is a good Motherboard you can recommend?
3). What is a good CPU you can recommend?

FAQ:

Q). There is a video included for the ARCTIC Accelero Hybrid 7970 VGA Cooler which stats at 1:05 what it is compatible with, why are you having problems?
A). I am registered blind/severally-sighted and need a magnification of at least x500 to use my computer, therefore I sometimes find unfamiliar websites hard to use.

Q). If your registered blind/severally-sighted, how are you going to build two computers?
A). I plan on purchasing all the components and then taking them to a computer repair shop to build them both.

Q). What is your budget for these items/computers?
A). I don't have a budget in mind exactly, I do not have thousands to spend on these systems, however if the component is a recommend then I will have to save more money. I don't wish to spend more than $500/£300 really though.

Thank you for reading this thread, for any help and/or advice in advanced. By the end of the year, hopefully before I can look in awe at our systems!

Best Regards,
Tim

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Tim,

What country do you live in ??

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

MrTIMarshall2512

Hi Rick,

I live in the UK.

Best Regards,
Tim

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Hi Tim.

I thought you lived in UK.

I think one of our Moderators, vistamike who also lives in UK could probably assist you with Computer Build better than me who lives in US.

I will bump your posting at the end of the evening so he sees it tomorrow morning. :)

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Bump to vistamike

Posted 1 year ago

MrTIMarshall2512

Hiya Rick,

Thank you for you help and forwarding vistamike to read my thread.

Best Regards,
Tim

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

MrTIMarshall2512, hi.

Difficult thing to answer really after reviewing the prices stateside

A search brought up uk prices (yikes) much different from US (we are surely ripped for sure on prices) but post them below (links) for your delectation...

EVGA 02G-P4-2678-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

http://www.scan.co.uk/products.....-dp-dl-dvi

Cooler-Master-HAF

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler.....#38;sr=8-1

ARCTIC Accelero Hybrid 7970 VGA Cooler

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ARCTIC.....=8-1-fkmr0

A recommendation from my pal who does builds is this for a bloody good Motherboard bundle

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bulldo.....#38;sr=8-3

I must thank Rick for linking to me but I am not the best because I don't build any more. Rick's experience is 100% but US based.

Pretty sure you will get a response here now we have 'bumped' your request.

Tings to look at are OS and power supply in addition to costings

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

MrTIMarshall2512

Hiya Mike,

Thank you very much for your response.

It seems like the Graphics Card will be the hardest to save up for due to needing two of everything, however this computer, once built should last quite some time and hopefully run smoothly for myself needing the Windows magnifier on at least x500.

Did you choose these items based on performance or price. I know a really good computer isn't going to be cheap and I hardly know anything about the hardware...

Best Regards,
Tim

Posted 1 year ago

MrTIMarshall2512

May I ask for some more help on this please?

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!