SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Help me to fix Regedit. I get error code 0xe00007b when i try to restore files?

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by moondogy
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 793 times

moondogy

Hello, In the past when I need to restore some registry files from one of my registry cleaners the computer would all ways restore the files. Now each cleaners registry restore function's just gives me error codes. And now when I need to restore some registry files from each cleaner, it starts to restore the files i need, then a error code 0xe00007b or(0xe000007b) pops up and says regedit has stopped working and the registry restore has stopped working.
I have a vista home premium 2 core CPU at 1.9Ghzs. and 2 Gbs ram, and directx 11 and I'm running Avast anti-malware, and Vista is 32 bite computer. Its a gateway GM5420 if that helps.
I have tried to find a resgitry fixer and not just a cleaner.! And I have tried to find a Regedit fixer too, BUT I HAVE been looking in all the wrong places and can't find either fix, So I can restore some registry files I need back from some of the cleaners i have used.?? Please help me with these problems and I hope you can give me some web sites that has both fixes just incase one does not work i can try the next fix?? Thanks for all your help.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

Most of us here do not recommend any registry cleaners other than CCleaner. They can really mess things up. In all the years I have used CCleaner, cleaning literally thousands of entries, I have never had to restore any of them and now never even take the offered backup.

Why are you having to restore items that have been cleaned from your registry. And, if you do have to it would mean that the cleaner cleaned something in error. Therefore that cleaner is untrustworthy and you should cease using it immediately.

If the cleaner did mess up the registry to the point that you can not restore it the only solution would be to reload the Operating System.

Are you having any particular problems with the system? If so, what? Perhaps we can solve the problem from that angle. If there are no particular problems, please leave well enough alone.

I do not believe I have ever heard of a legitimate program that will "fix a broken Registry".

Posted 1 year ago

moondogy

I have used ccleaner too and on mine and its up to date and it never gives me a option to restore files if I need then back. But I have used Wise care 365 and Wise disks cleaner and glary utilities and there all from cnet download center.
I am having major problems with my windows vista after using those cleaners for the last 6 months. But befor when i just used the windows cleaners i never had a problem with the speed of my browsers or opening programs or games for the last 5 years.
But now Each day I would use a different utilities cleaner (and they all have restore options) and they have cleaned out so many good registry files I can not restore anything. either restoring from a utlitiy cleaner restore option to get the files back ,if i notice something not working right after a clean up scan.
And it also knocked out my system restore function too.
I do not have a vista install disk, it did not come with one. But did you ck into Regedit and gives error code 0xe00007b and say while its trying to restore on the clenaers window it pops up the error code and stops it from restoreing many files i need from each one ,so my vista computer will work again.. if i can get all the registarty files that have been taken away from doing any one of the cleaners. they would all take so many registry files away from vista . now it does not work right. I heard there is some open source registry fixers or a fix to get rid of Regedit and the code form poping up.
But I can't find a good place to go and get a regsitry fix for vista 32 bite home premium computer. There has to be a software program that can fix registry drive or folder and/or a program to fix regedit from poping up so i can restore all the resistry files that were taken away each day i would use one, and now to many files are gone and now the registry does not work right. I can't dom a system restore or run the restore option on each of the cleaners to get the files back with out that error code from poping up, which I never saw it the last 5 years. I hope some one can do so research on where to get a Regedit fix or a registry fix programs?? I sure would like it very much if a few of you good computer guys can help out a wounded Vet.. Thanks for any and all help??!!:-)

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark

For Vista installation so you can run the necessary repairs : http://www.askvg.com/direct-do.....28AskVG%29

Edit : if those links don't work try here : http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/t.....load-links

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

To restore a CCleaner registry save you just click on the file you saved. But, these things must be done in order. You can't restore a CCleaner save after having run another cleaner, or even CCleaner itself.

There are no good, legitimate registry fixers. Cleaners and fixers are two different things.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.