The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

Help me build my desktop

(2 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Tobias21
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 605 times

Tobias21

Hello gents, I am here to get suggestions on desktop components, from a case to everything else. I do have my own ideas, don't think I am coming on your forum to simply copy your idea and buy it, but whats the fun in just building what I think is good? I am not that tech-savvy, so I am looking for help. I have a pretty wide budget, being in the military and have relatively no bills, so ANY suggestion will be looked at, regardless of price. My only requirement is that it has a good, sound reason behind it, and it is not overly large. (I understand some components are big, but I have a semi-small space to work with.)

So, if you ever thought this or that would be wicked cool to see in a desktop, feel free to post it on up! I will post pictures and any logs you request once it is done. I plan on this being a 2-3 month project, and will keep everything updated.

This is being posted in multiple forums. I will post links to the active ones for if you want to see other peoples suggestions.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Tobias21,

Welcome to HTG.

You have framed your question too broadly.

What is your level of knowledge concerning computers and what do you want to use this custom computer for ??

You can start here and let's see what you can come up with. :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!